or Connect

Posts by simple gifts

Count me in. I'm on semester break from college, and my entire plan is to clean and declutter. I better hit way more than 5 items a day!
48 I look it, too. That's what 5 kids does for you.
I have three daughters. When they were young enough that I needed to do their hair, then the rule was if you want it long, it has to be put up. If they didn't want to put it up, that was fine, but then they got short hair cuts. I didn't like to see long stringy hair, or hair in their eyes. I brushed, braided, pony tailed, french braided, whatever every day for about 15 years, without exaggeration. Once they were old enough to care for their own hair, then they could...
See if there is an organic food co-op near you. I belong to one through United Natural. They have sales, and you can split things with other people so that helps bring down the cost. Our co-op does produce, too, which really helps. I also buy store brand organics. If I get one of those coupons for so much off an order, I will stock up on things that are too expensive. Our store will run Catalina coupons for $6 off a $60 order. I will buy organic yogurt or meat or...
Maxed Out is a great movie. The book is even better.
I thought about calling to get the interest rate changed, but if doesn't bother me to not use the card. My Amazon account is linked to that card, and I just pay it before any interest is charged on it if I order from there. I don't know why the guy thinks it would be such a hit to my credit. We have a ton of cards, some joint, some just in my name, and most of them are totally paid off. Several of them we use and pay off monthly, like Discover for gas, and a Home Depot...
Quote: Originally Posted by Emmeline II Unless you are going for a loan in the near future I'd go ahead and close the account. I close accounts for cards I do not use and my credit score is excellent; you may get dinged but it is not as if you are going to lose 50pts. My oldest credit card is less than four years old. That's really good for you. My oldest credit card is about 8 years old, the one with the high interest, and the financial guy...
No, paying off your accounts is a good thing. Actually closing your account, as in telling them you no longer want the card anymore, can be a bad thing for your credit. Credit scores are based on a number of things, including how long you have had credit, and the balance between how much credit you have and how much you actually owe. Closing accounts can both shorten the length of time you've had credit, if it's an older card, and throw off the balance of how much...
Where *did* the charges originate from? I think that has a big bearing on whether you can do anything about them. One of my credit cards I pay online, before the bill, every month. Each time I get a little red notice that says that paying the balance shown doesn't mean that I am paying off the account, other charges may be added. That really sucks, at any rate. Your credit is usually negatively affected by closing those accounts, too.
I am so praying for you, and so hoping for some positive news, helpful news, useful news!!!