or Connect

Posts by aylaanne

My 3yo DS had been throwing temper tantrums surrounding nursing, such as when his sister was nursing (That's not hers! That's mine! It's my turn!) or when I needed to stop (No! Want more!), or when I said no (just a total meltdown). So I gave him a month's warning, and I cut him off after Christmas Day.   The trouble is, every day since then he's asked for it. He's had some kind of stomach bug twice, and I miss the quiet bonding time of nursing him. And there are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama~Love Will there be skins available (different options for colors on the boards)? Will we be able to hide forums/threads? I'm not one who likes change very much, this might be really hard for me. I agree. I really like the vBulletin platform and every forum I've been a member of that has switched away has done so for the worse.
We use benadryl, but our doctor gave us the guidelines for use as a pediatric sedative, then I reduce the dose slightly. With two parents with anxiety disorders, sometimes my child needs a sedative. Aside from benadryl, we also use Valerian Drops by Herbs for Kids. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way, and we're still using the same bottle six months later. Our FP also supports us using this method to help our child wind down and go to sleep. Our son is...
I make sure while nursing my toddler that he understands that my body is MINE. He loves to nurse, and I love to let him, but if he doesn't like what I'm offering him, he can have juice or food or something else. Especially now that I have a smaller baby, I only offer him one boob at a time. If he doesn't want that boob, he can get down. he's not allowed to pull at my shirt or grab the other breast. He can throw a huge tantrum, it doesn't kill him and it shows him that I am...
Just food for thought, our kids are about the same age, and my son has also been going through these crazy phases--sans ADD medication. I don't know what Hale's told you, but it is entirely possible that your daughter's behavior is developmental, and not related to your medication. The trace amounts showing up in your breastmilk may be exacerbating this, but I personally would doubt it.
Are any of you ladies pregnant? My supply went "poof!" when I got pregnant. Before getting pregnant, I also had a dip every time I ovulated, for a day or so, and then again when I was bleeding, for a day before and a day after my period. I took fenugreek twice a day until I got pregnant, when I stopped. I smelled like maple and it seemed to give my supply a boost.
I wouldn't pump for my 20 month old. My son was 22 months when I went back to school, and I didn't pump at school or at work by then. If you were going to be gone more than 24 hours, I would pump then, but as long as your boobs are told once per day "hey, we still do this" they'll still make milk. OTOH, if he has trouble napping for the sitter, you may consider pumping, just to give him a taste of mother's milk before nap time. First, though, I'd give him a week or so to...
Quote: Originally Posted by time4another Just because someone has a piece of paper that says they are certified does not guarantee safety. Look at all the bad outcomes in hospitals. CPMs certainly can practice unsafely. Pieces of paper are not protective "bubbles", protecting you and your clients from anything bad happening. Certification does not mean you are the hand of the Spirit with the gift of making everything safe and healthy. Things happen...
Quote: Originally Posted by ejg123 I think there those on here who can speak to this better than I can, but I don't think this is correct. In MA, it is my understanding the CNM are not licensed or typically willing to perform home births (as it would put their licensure as a nurse at risk), but that CPMs mostly attend home births and perhaps exclusively (correct me if I am wrong here, but I understood that CPMs cannot attend births as midwives in...
My son is almost 3 years old and I still don't have studio pics of him. I've had some done by friends who happen to be photographers, but no "professional" pics as such.