or Connect

Posts by AllieFaye

I know this is an old thread, but I knew when I first saw it that one day, I'd need it.  My son will be going to the cone enemas soon.  We've been told that plain water is an option.  I don't like Bronner's, but I'm willing to consider Kirk's.  Any experience with that one?  Any insight in the last year on cone enemas?  Love it, hate it, indifferent?
Yes, people have been awful to me.  I have good days and bad days.  I try to remember the good days during the worst of it.  People can also be really wonderful to me because I have special needs children.  It does help to have someone to talk to on a regular basis who is familiar with special needs families.
About 70 and counting: three kids, tandeming, during pregnancies and then 23 months of pumping for a tube-fed baby and nursing the toddler.  Now, just nursing the toddler.
I've had a hard day, and I realize it's time to consider part time wheel chair use.  I used to say "Absolutely NOT!"  If he can walk, then we'll make other accomodations and do anything else."  Now, we've just gotten back from a special needs event.  I realize that even in an adaptive environment with understanding supportive staff - my son has times that he needs to be in the wheelchair crowd.  He cannot run or jump at 5.  He falls 20 times a day, but only in dynamic...
Just to clarify - I didn't mean, "like your child, my son has a neurogenic bowel," I meant, "in addition to a child with a feeding tube, I have another child who has bowel disablitity."  While I can't say I've walked in exactly your shoes, between my two children, I understand what you've been through.  It's great that you're getting the help you need.   The big thing that struck me from you original post was the last sentence.  I have been there, and now we know. ...
I'm so sorry that you're going through this.  A year ago, I was going through a rough time with an NJ tube and my baby.  It gets better.  I understand.  I know.  It is so hard to have these kinds of problems.  Most people around you, even doctors and nurses - wait - especially doctors and nurses can't help you with the knowing nothing and the frustration.  They are only going to help with the straight up medical concerns, and this kind of thing is relatively rare.  They...
I'd love to chat with a primary care physician who kicked out a patient because another doctor - say, a pediatric cardiologist - ordered a medical exemption.  Because, when I asked my son's pediatric cardiologist about the medical exemption, he assured me that virtually all his patients have them. It's routine for him to issue a medical exemption. I have a hard time believing that those sickest of kids - newborns in heart failure or lung failure - are being kicked out of...
The population that doesn't vaccinate is small, but it includes children who cannot be vaccinated due to medical exemptions.  Meaning, parents who would love to vaccinate but those kids are too sick or too fragile.  It that accounted for in the study?  They way these stories are presented in the news doesn't account for that population at all.  It comes across as more bullying against those parents who choose not to vaccinate.  "Unvaccinated" is not one lump category; it...
Just my two cents - I have three kids, all with medical exemptions.  I've been attacked for not vaccinating them.  One of my kids' doctors even told me to just disregard the cardiologist order for a medical exemption and vaccinate anyway. There is so much emotion out there regarding what is supposed to be cool-headed science that I've really had my eyes opened.  Even when I list out my kids' medical problems - people will still throw back the same arguments to me that...
Find another urologist.  We're on our third.  Our first was highly recommended - but he wasn't for us.  I didn't care what someone's credentials were.  If they couldn't respect our family's values then they weren't for us.  Circ is not something I'm willing to compromise on one iota.  It has been worth it to find our current doctor.  A good urologist is an amazing doc to have!