or Connect

Posts by notjustmamie

The standard I've seen for 0-6 mos is a 15" circumference.
This thread totally reminded me of Ramona Quimby. In the book where she goes to Kindergarten, her teacher reads Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel to the class. Afterwords, she asks if anyone has a question. Ramona raises her hand and asks how, since the story said he worked all day without stopping, did Mike Mulligan go to the bathroom?
Pearl Alysse Pearl Basia Pearl Celeste Pearl Dionne Pearl Elspeth Pearl Flora Pearl Georgette Pearl Hannah Pearl Inez Pearl Janette Pearl Kira Pearl Loraine Pearl Marie Pearl Nadine Pearl Odelle Pearl Phaedra Pearl Quinley Pearl Ruthanne Pearl Sofie Pearl Tamar Pearl Ulna Pearl Vivienne Pearl Wynfred Pearl Xuxa Pearl Yasmin Pearl Zoya
Get thee to the bookstore and pick up a copy of Toni Weschler's Taking Charge of Your Fertility. For some basic information, you can read through the FAQs on her website. Fertility Friend is a free online charting software that also offers a series of lessons in charting basics. Personally, I found the book more useful, but I know many women who have learned everything they need from the websites.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bunnyflakes I see it all the time in the newspapers here. And bridegroom, which is another thing I don't understand. I just say "groom", I don't get the bride part added on. Kind of like she owns him, I guess AFAIK, "bridegroom" is the original term. I think it was to differentiate from a stable groom. In any case, I've never heard "bride-elect" and I think it sounds kind of tacky. I much prefer fiancee. If they...
The only advice I have is to keep asking for a supervisor. My husband works for a credit card company and corporate policy is never to send a call upline unless the customer specifically asks. Supervisors (his office has a whole department of them--they don't actually supervise anybody, just have additional authority to do stuff) are sometimes willing to make changes to your account that a regular customer service rep can't or won't do.
I haven't seen it (I don't do much with FB). I'm guessing I'd mess with their little thrill, though. "I like it in my son's diaper bag" doesn't really make a silly double entendre.
Quote: Yes but what would one sample do? Sample cans of powdwered formula will make about 50 oz, which would last you a day or two, depending on the age of the baby, whether or not they're eating solids, etc. 36-48 hours is a long time in disaster recovery.
Hummus! I have two recipes I use. Traditional Hummus 1¾ c chickpeas (canned or cooked from dry), reserve ½ c cooking/canning liquid ¼ c lemon juice 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed (or 5-6 cloves roasted and mashed) ¼ t salt ½ c tahiniCombine lemon juice, garlic, and chickpeas in food processor, blender, or mash by hand. Process until smooth, adding reserved liquid as needed. Mix tahini and salt in a medium bowl. Add chickpea mixture and stir thoroughly. Serve drizzled with...
If Ruth is one you really like, what about a longer version of of the name, such as Ruthanne or Ruthie?