or Connect

Posts by notjustmamie

Quote: Originally Posted by monkaha I'm going to be a voice of dissent here. *dons flame proof suit* That baby is his baby too. You are his wife and he's scared for you both. If his primary concern is safety, then he should be seeking out the safest possible location for birth. Study upon study in the US and abroad show that homebirth (and by extension free-standing birth centers, which are normally equipped similarly to a homebirth) are AS SAFE...
I second getting in to see a chiro. As you and the baby gain more weight, the pain is likely only to get worse unless you address it. Also, ask your chiro for exercises you can do to help your adjustment "stick" between appointments. I had back and hip pain so bad I didn't get out of bed for about 3 days a few weeks ago. This week my dad was in town and I spent 3 days wandering all over town with him and yesterday we drove him to the airport 3 hours away.
30 views and no replies; I guess everybody's waiting for somebody else to go first! So, here is my Pregnant Woman. If you can't see the first link, try this one. It scanned in a little blurry, but since it's just a sketch, it'll do. Please let me know if you can't see the drawing. I've had some problems linking to images from this board. For background, you should probably know that I don't like my body. For a variety of reasons, mostly related to poor/inappropriate...
Glad to hear things are getting a bit better! I'm guessing that your decision to stop "educating" him helped him to start seeing some things he may not have noticed before. At least that's how it works with my DH!
Quote: Originally Posted by deny_zoo29 I would love to go the the Chiro to get my hip looked at. My left hip hurts so much and then pain/numbness runs down to my knee and into my calf too. :-( The Chiro my DP uses uses xray at the first visit and I don't want to hurt the baby with an xray but my hip has been so painful I've not been sleeping well at all. I was awake until 2:30am last night then I finally took a couple of tylenol and the pain reduced...
First, I am so sorry you have to be dealing with this mess. If their policy if to preclude certain women from attempting a home birth, they should have made that clear at your very first visit. Personally, I've never heard of high BMI as a risk factor for PPH. I also suggest researching--please do ask the mws for citations. That will a) give them something to think about if they don't actually have any/many and b) give you a jumping off point for finding studies which...
Just how unusual a name are we talking? And how much of the name do you want to use? If she actually made up the name or took an existing name and made up a new spelling, I'd probably talk to her about it. If it's just an uncommon name, but widely recognized and listed in all the baby name books, I wouldn't bother. Now, if you are planning to use the same first and middle, then I'd probably mention it in any case. Once you've talked to her (if you decide to), even...
If she brings it up, I'd listen to her and be a sounding board. If she specifically asks, I'd give her your honest opinion along with concrete examples, such as you did in your op (the peanut butter, shoe tying, not retaining instructions, etc.). IOW, you've made a good choice to stay out of it unless or until she invites you in.
I am so sorry for your loss. There is never a good or easy way to lose someone we love, but it seems to me a sudden loss is that much harder because we don't start the grieving process until our loved one is already gone. I'll share this with you because you asked for ideas. One of my friends took his own life a few years ago. We weren't living near one another at the time and I was unable to make the necessary arrangements to attend his funeral. I had a very...
Yup ... got an appointment tonight!