or Connect

Posts by Dana

My baby is now 3 months old and I did block feed when he was younger for the whole day. It was kinda hard sometimes. He would finish that breast *finally* and actually be ready for the other side, so I just had to be on the lookout for when he really finished that breast rather than look at the clock. I think it's more about figuring out when the baby has had a good amount of hindmilk and that breast is empty before switching. Now, we have it pretty well figured out,...
Hi everyone, I haven't been to mdc in a while. I like the new boards! Looks like there's still lots of familiar faces. I was mostly a lurker cause there were always so many smart articulate people that always answered everything so well! I do have mdc to thank for so many things! Anyway, I just need to tell this and this seems like a good place! Raina turned 3 today! She was born underwater and was exclusively breastfed till she finally decided to try a little...
Wow, I better close this window before dh sees it! (I'm the slacker in our family.... sometimes.)
Quote: Originally posted by Greaseball "My child is too spirited for GD" My dd is too spirited for anything besides GD!!! I, too, use the Kurcinka definition for the Raising your spirited child book. We try to nurture her spirit... the hard part is to nurture ours too.
Isn't 2 a fun age??? My dd is almost 2.5 and she's getting much better at waiting, but NOT when she is the least bit tired... which is most of the time Some things I've tried come basically out of the "How to talk ..." book and some of the "raising your spirited child" book. When she wants something (which is always) I repeat what she wants so she knows I understood her and talk about how hard it is to wait etc. I also explain why she has to wait (like what I'm...
Just wanted to share a sleep-deprived "good luck".... I have a spirited 2.5 year old and I think it was back at 21 months when I first read Pantley's book. None of that worked on Raina... Also, me telling her she can't nurse didn't work either. The ONLY way we've found for me to get any sleep is to let dh sleep with her and me sleep at the other end of the house. Then the next day she'll be super velcro baby, but after a few nights I'm better rested and she slows down...
My 2yr hates baths and especially hair washings. IMHO, she doesn't really get dirty enough to justify forcing her. If the need arises, I use a wet wash cloth and do the best I can. Sometimes, when it's warm, we give her a bath in a wash tub in the backyard with LOTS of bubbles. So, my only idea is to let them be dirty or just use a washcloth and save your energy. Maybe when they're more verbal they can tell us why they don't like it. And we can better explain...
Don't know if anybody is still reading this thread, but wanted to say that my spirited almost 2.5 yr dd FINALLY understands not to twiddle the other side!!!! I'm so happy. Just keep up trying to help them understand what the nursing "rules" are. I think it's better to try to get them to follow some rules than to wean. Whenever Raina starts groping I just tell her she can have ONE milk not TWO and move her hand. If she's squirming or whatever I ask her to stop IF...
Just wondering if anybody from this thread is still out there? I just started teaching math at a math-science residential school (free for students who get accepted.) I've only taught college math before this and BOY is it different. The students are very similar to college freshmen, but the faculty and administration and politics are totally foriegn to me. To be quite honest, it sucks. I'd have quit already if it weren't that I really like the actually classroom...
Just perusing the forum. Just wondering if you've gone to the Sri Atmananda school there in Austin. (you id says that's where you live.) We lived near it and it sounds like a great place, but I don't know too much about it as my dd is only 2. I did have a friend who taught there, but it didn't pay enough for him to keep doing it.