or Connect

Posts by Fleurette

My husband smoked when we met, too. He promised me repeatedly that he'd quit. He didn't. He promised me when our daughter was born he'd quit...he didn't. He promised he'd quit when the twins were born. He didn't. You know what got him to quit? My bil's girlfriend/wife (lived together long enough to be considered common law spouse) died. My husband was at the funeral home speaking to his sister's brother about the kids and what they were up to. His bil looked...
At the boys' 15 month well visit, I was asked if the boys were saying words yet. I responded with 'no' as they really aren't. She then said "Oh, but they're saying stuff like 'mama' and 'dada'" to which I replied "Well, sort of. They say it sometimes, but don't always say it to mean us. I haven't noticed them using it regularly to refer to us.". They are usually just babbling...they can use consonant sounds and seem to say the beginning syllables of words, but no...
Honestly, I'd hate to see my little guys separated at school. I think William would have a harder time with the separation than John. Recently, I had to take William to the doctor's and left John at daycare and William freaked out 'cause he wasn't with his brother. John on the other hand was hardly even phased by it. I think if both kids have strong personalities and want the change, that's fine, otherwise, I'd keep them together; at least through elementary school. ...
Darn, couldn't participate in the poll. Here are my stats though: 1 dd twin boys 19 months later.
Aww! Love your pictures! Your babies are beautiful!
Yup, btdt! It's really hard when they don't walk and sometimes it's even harder when the are walking! :LOL For gas, I just put my card through and it pays without me having to walk in. If I had to go in, I'd try to go when the gas station isn't crazy busy and run in while having locked the doors and rush right back. We got a double stroller that's front and back not side to side exactly because it seems like many aisles are too narrow to get through with a side...
Before Married: wanted 4 Now: Currently have an almost 3 year old dd who is dubbed "the Energizer Bunny' cause she never ever stops running! Also have 15 month old twins. Future: no more for us. I'm way too spent with the ones I have now to give anything more to another little person. I just don't have the energy, patience or finances to support another child. I often daydream about another one, but once I start thinking of the sleepless nights etc., I know I'm...
My daughter is almost 3 and had been a great eater until about 6 months ago when she just started saying something was 'yucky' and wouldn't eat it anymore. Our standing rule is that she needs to eat a few bites of everything on her plate and then she can get down from the dinner table. I usually try to make sure that there's a least one thing on her plate that she'll eat. If she doesn't eat it all, that's dinner. I work out of the home all day, have 15 month old twin...
Not as far as I know. I was married in the Catholic church and never said "obey". Thank goodness or I would have gone back on my word/oath/promise at least 1 million times by now! :LOL I'm not too good at following directions; I'd rather give 'em!
If I'd waited for my dh to be debt free when we married, we'd still be engaged! :LOL Dh had significant debt when we were married and I had none. He had almost $4000 in cc debts. He never told me, but in honesty, I don't think he even knew how in debt he was with his one card. He just paid as much as he could/month and carried over the rest forever...Needless to say, we worked on clearing all his debts pronto. Unfortunately, I had savings, but not enough to cover...