or Connect

Posts by Fleurette

I have the same problem with my dd. When she was little, I'd just do her hair up like Pebbles Flintstone. Her 'bangs' would be out of her face and no worries about bangs. She's almost 3 and has only had 1 haircut (and that was mostly to placate gramma who's a hairdresser and it was really just a trim; which she needed!) and still has no bangs. I don't think they'd suit her and I can't imagine her with shorter hair either.
I got that kind of a statement from my brother, but in different words. I was telling my dad/family about something the kids had done and also showed them the work I'd done on my scrapbooks for them and he said something like "You need to get a hobby...something other than the kids." :LOL I laughed because in a sense, he's right. I DO talk about them, love on 'em etc. a lot. I tend to do it more often around my family because we don't see each other all the time so for...
I have always wanted 3 or 4 kids. After having the boys, I know I'm done. I could do another, but I don't really have a burning desire to do so. We have three and here's how I knowcan't do the waking every couple of hours to feed, change etc. my heart is very full with my three kiddos i don't get that 'feeling' like i did before to BE pregnant. Loved being preggo, but don't need to be again; BTDT I look at my boys now and think about how independant they are, how...
My almost 3 year old dd does the whining thing and it gets old FAST! She also has gotten into the habit of repeating the same phrase over and over and over again. Don't know why she thinks it will help, but she does. For example, the other day she wanted to play in the sand box but it was time for dinner. She got mad and just whined and repeated "I wanna play in the sand box, I wanna play in the sand box, I wannnnnna play in the saaannnnnd boooooxxxxx!!!!!" Talk about...
Ummm....maybe not upset as in mad but upset as in embarrassed that someone else had to do something I should have already done. Believe me, I know what a pain in the arse it can be to comb through long, tangled hair with a baby. I have a dd and twin boys who's hair I need to 'fix' every day. I really think I would have been more embarrassed than mad. I think that if you explained that the daughter had asked for her hair to be put in a ponytail it might have helped a...
You know, I think I may try using sign with the boys. Great idea, thanks! Really I'm not concerned that they're delayed, just that they're frustrated! The boys communicate with each other all the time. It's so cute to listen to them in their cribs when they go to bed. It's all squeals, grunts and giggles until they go to sleep. :LOL They're so funny. They are also really good about pointing and grunting/using certain 'sounds' (for lack of a better word), body...
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. I've always heard boys tend to speak later than girls and that second children seem to speak later than first born children. Dd spoke REALLY early and the boys (twins) don't say a whole lot. I'm not really worried because they do understand what we tell them, but I'm just wondering if this is 'normal' or 'predictable' behavior. I just feel a little frustrated right now with the boys because they throw tantrums and I...
Thanks for letting me know this is normal and you've BTDT! Honestly, sometimes I wonder if my guys are just WAY off base or if it's perfectly normal. I must have mommy amnesia because I just don't remember all this with my dd.....or maybe it's because there are 2 of them at the same time...who knows! lol I've not been myself in over 15 months now so what do I know? Mamacita, thanks for the advice! I've been doing that lately too! :LOL It's just crazy at my...
I prefer 'mom', 'mommy' or 'mamma'. Dd has called me by my first name, but I think mostly out of experimentation. She's also called me 'honey', which is fine and I think it's cute . I have step kids who call me by my first name and I'm very ok with that. I'm not their mom and don't want to be called any variation of mom. I do not want my kids' friends to call me by my first name. Ms. First Name is fine with me. If a close friend's children called me by my first...
I'm about to pull my hair out. My guys are just constantly making each other cry. If one has a toy, the other wants it and has a tantrum or grabs it out of his brother's hand. If each of them has a spoon, the one wants both and flips out if he doesn't get it. If I'm holding one, the other wants to be picked up even if he was happily engaged in something else previously. I'm about to lose my mind! Help!