or Connect

Posts by Fleurette

I've got to say that the only reason we're going to send our dd to preschool next year is to hopefully get her into the actual elementary school it's tied to when she's in kindergarten. I don't really think she needs it, but I really want her to attend this particular school and while attending the preschool doesn't guarantee entry to the elementary school, I can't imagine it would hurt. I also think it would be nice to have some social interaction with kids her age. ...
Yup! I'm here. I'm just exhausted by the end of the day. Things have gotten a little easier as they've gotten older and I can let them play independently for a little while, but I drop them off at daycare, pick 'em all up, get them a snack when we get home (if not, there's whining hell to pay! :LOL ), get dinner started all before dh arrives home. It's just crazy some days and I've had such major anxiety attacks that I thought I was having a heart attack. Hang in...
Honestly, I'd cry. The twins are wonderful but so much work. I just can't imagine having two babies again and doing everything I need to do. I can hardly do that now. Oh, and ya, after their birth, tubes tied! (or at least dh would be getting a vas!).
Honestly, I'm really lucky that my dcp comes out in the mornings and helps me with the boys and my dd and in the afternoons when I pick them up, she helps me bring them into the van and into carseats. I don't know many places that would. Yes, she could take the stroller, but double strollers are fricking big and heavy and sometimes are so hard to get in and out of the van that I don't even bring it along. Maybe she did ask for help and no one would/could/did. Maybe she...
Nope, never and never intend to. It's the worst thing you could do to the trust in your marriage. I would never trust dh again if he cheated and I would never expect him to trust me if I did. Without trust, there is no marriage, there is no partnership.
Thank goodness my dh is supportive of me or I would probably be in the hospital right now. I've been fighting the flu or something like it for over 2 weeks and as soon as he gets in the house, he's on top of everything. Heck, the man even vacuumed at 11 p.m. one night! I've been a wreck and he's helped me, told me to rest and get better, even made doctor's appointments for me so I can figure out what's going on. Granted, I'd do the same for him and have. I think it's...
We started weaning the twins around 12 months. They'd already been using sippy cups and were getting better with them, so we just cut out the bottles during the day. We gave them bottles in the morning and just before bed, but none during the day. Gradually when they got used to this, we cut their bedtime bottle and then their morning bottle. I think doing it slowly helped. Also, once we made the decision to wean them off the bottle, ALL the bottles and related...
My dh does all the bills, thank goodness! I'm quite frugal with money, but quite honestly, I hate paying the bills. I know that my check once a month covers our mortage, out of every paycheck we pay our daycare provider, once a month we budget about $250 for groceries and about $50 or so for the other 3 weeks of the month to get fresh fruits and veggies. The rest goes into savings. I don't keep track of dh's expenses and he doesn't keep track of mine. When I take...
Wow, I've got twins who have an older sister. I don't know if I could have standed to listen to my baby cry like that. Picking up my baby always seemed to calm him down. BUT, please remember, she's probably sooooo sleep deprived and tired she just can't think straight. I know until the boys got onto a regularish schedule, going out was a complete nightmare. One would sleep, the other freaking out, the toddler having a mini meltdown. Needless to say, there were days...
DD: just past 12 months. Maybe a week or so after her first birthday Twin 1: Around 13 months on the nose Twin 2: Around 12.5 months I guess if I adjusted the age for the boys (born at almost 36 weeks), they'd be at the same pace as dd.