or Connect

Posts by Fleurette

I'm body conscious, but I don't say anything to my dd about it. Granted, she's only 2.5 years old, but I want her to know that she's beautiful no matter what size she wears. That being said, I know how cruel kids can be and I really don't want her or my sons to ever be asked "is that fat lady your mom????". I teach and I've heard kids say this to each other and the poor kid is just mortified and has no idea what to say. For that reason as well as the fact that I want...
Thankfully, no, no one in our immediate family that we have any contact with on a regular basis gives us flack. In fact, they're all in awe that our children will actually eat asparagus and brussel sprouts! :LOL Those who go on and on about trying to get their child to eat veggies but all they'll eat are chix nuggets and fries probably only have themselves to blame and want some reassurance that they're ok parents. It's easier to give kids something they like that's...
Your daughter sounds A LOT like my daughter. Her mouth is constantly running, but not much going in! LOL. My dd will eat like a horse some days and then barely pick at food the next. I'm ok with her eating til she's satified. The only time I've 'made' her eat more is when she refuses outright to eat something she's loved before. She does this sometimes when she's not in the mood to eat veggies or something. We have a rule that she has to eat 2 bites of everything on...
Sometimes I look. I don't know if I really compare, but just like to see what others are buying. Some have lots of processed type foods, others are way healthier than I am, but for the most part, I get into a rut and like some inspiration. I generally do groceries once a month, so I'm sure many people think I'm a glutton when they see how much meat, poultry,fish etc. I stock up on as well as all my pantry essentials, produce and dairy. I get fresh fruits and veggies...
I like to snack on raw veggies a lot: baby carrots, brocoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, sweet snap peas (YUM!!!!). I've also liked dipping said veggies in some hummus for added taste. I also like cubed melons (honeydew/cantaloupe), fruits like apples, pears, oranges, grapes (really good when frozen). My lastest snack is muffins I make using a carrot cake mix or spice cake mix and 1 16oz can of pumpkin puree. They're really good, moist and low on calories. Also quite...
Wow, that's just about as annoying as my brother telling me to stop feeding my one twin so much. My children are good eaters, but when they're full, they know it and stop. I don't push them and thankfully no one in my extended family really tries to push food on them. My brother seems to think that my one little guy is 'fat' because he tends to have a rolly polly belly on him after he's eaten. He only sees him once/week via web cam and it's usually right after he's...
I don't call myself a supermom, but others have. I have 3 kids under the age of three (2.5 year old and 13 month old twins), and I work full time outside the home. My typical day runs as follows: 5 a.m.: up and at 'em! Some mornings I grab a shower at 5 and dh gets the boys going and dressed. Some other mornings, I've showered the night before; just depends. 5:05 a.m.: wake dh up, get boys up and give them sippy cup of milk while dh changes their diaper and I...
Usually, when one of the boys is going through a rough patch or just needs me more, the other seems to 'get it' and doesn't 'interfere' so to speak. He'll let his brother get the hugs, kisses and loving he needs until he feels better or is over the rough patch. They both do this for each other (and for me, because frankly, if they both needed me at the same time, I'd be nuts by now! lol). Lately, however, it seems like they BOTH want me and want me NOW! When...
I answered that my kids eat meals and are normal weight, but really, my dd is underweight. She'll eat full meals, but she's just on the go so much that she's very thin. My boys are normal weight and eat like champs. I'm afraid to see what they'll be eating when they're teens seeing as their eating right now is putting a dent in our grocery budget and they're only 13 months!
I had less severe symptoms when preggo with my twins. With my dd, I was nauseous all throught the first trimester and felt much better after it ended. I wasn't as nauseous or tired with the boys as I was with my dd. Not ever close to getting sick or rough days. The only thing I thought was odd was that my belly stuck out REALLY fast, but I chalked that up to being the second pregnancy and things being stretched out from dd.