or Connect

Posts by Fleurette

Thanks for all the advice, ladies. It just gets so stressful 'round here sometimes I just don't know how I get through the day without having a nervous breakdown. It's nice to know that there are mamas that 'have been there, done that' or at the least commiserate. Dallas...I'd LOVE your recipe. I can use a good smoothie right about now...and if it helps build my immunities, I'm there! I'm trying to get in some time for just 'me'. It's hard, but as soon as my...
I just need to unload for a sec. I'm just soooo burnt out and I think I'm heading into a downward spiral. I just don't know how to handle everything anymore. I wake up at between 2 and 3 a.m. every morning and I'm stressed out. Sleep another couple of hours in fits and starts and up for the day at 5 a.m.. I get the kids ready (albeit, dh does help with the boys; ie: diaper change, out of pjs), get lunches in bags (already made the night before), drop off at dcp, work...
Well, I'm just about ready to turn my twins forward facing. They most definitely meet the requirements and it's getting really hard on my back and arms to keep lifting them into the van through the trunk. Ok, so my question. How would you set up the seats? We have a van. It's got 2 captain's chairs in the middle row and a bench seat at the back. Currently, we have my 2.5 year old in one of the captain's seats (still in a car seat) and the boys on the bench seat (we...
I like them to have their own clothing, but matching. For example, I buy my guys the same shirt, but in a different color. They don't always wear the same outfits, but if I feel inclined to, they certainly do co-ordinate. From time to time I had them dressed the same in the exact same outfit, but that was rare.
Little late getting here. I'm Francesca. I'm 33 (YIKES! ) and my dh is 46 We're out D.C. way but I'm originally from Canada. : ) We have 1 year old faternal twin boys! Neither one of us had any history of twins in our families, so when we found out there were 2 of them in there at 11 weeks we were a little surprised to say the least! They were born at 35w5d. William weighed 6lbs12oz and John weighed 7lbs7oz. They have a sister who is 19 months older than they....
I wouldn't say my skinny girl is picky, but she definitely has 'favorite foods'. She adores cheese, yogurt, milk, rice and almost all veggies (she goes through stages where she loves them and then hates them, picks at 'em or gobbles 'em up!). She loves smoothies (which I call 'yogurt ice cream' cause I make em with yogurt and some frozen fruit so it's nice and thick). She adores bananas, muffins (bran, apple, blueberry, etc.), raisin bran, cheerios, chicken. She will...
My 2.5 year old dd is maybe 26 lbs total. She is also being monitored for her weight because her weight has 'dipped 2 differentials on the growth chart'. I was quite worried about her before, but now that I watch her running around like the Energizer Bunny and eat, eat, eat good, healthy foods, I'm not too worried. I'm just glad she's got a fast metabolism and her daddy's build. I do agree that buying her clothes lately is getting to be harder. She can probably fit...
Well, my dh used to smoke. I don't. We still had kids. He held them. He smoked outside. As much as I nagged, he wouldn't quit 'til he was ready. He misses smoking, but physically feels better for having done so. If it's a big issue to you and you feel he would back out of his promise to quit (as he has done in the past), I would wait. If he does want to quit, he should do so NOW. Dh did the patch and was on for a couple of months I believe. It was really hard for...
Ok, please don't take this the wrong way, but as their teacher I'd be pretty upset with you for deciding that the work I gave out was too hard for them. Unless you know what they're covering in the curriculum, you can't judge if it's too hard for them or not. You wouldn't believe the stuff they expect kids to learn at such an early age. Please don't bash this teacher for following his/her curriculum; he/she more than likely doesn't have a say in what is taught. He/she...
Perhaps it wasn't what you said, but how you said it. If I speak to my dh in with an indignant tone, he usually doesn't respond too well. Unfortunately, my dh doesn't research things as much as I do, but he IS on the same page as I am. I will tell him why I'm choosing to give or not give our children something and he usually agrees. If he doesn't, we do more research together and decide together what course of action to take. Usually he's pretty happy to follow my lead