or Connect

Posts by Fleurette

Nope, nothing wrong with it. My dd can fall asleep on the floor too. One minute she's up and running around, the next she's on the floor completely konked out. She takes after her daddy; he can sleep anywhere!
I really appreciate the advice. Any idea how she could get a lawyer? She's seriously got NO money. They are living paycheck to paycheck right now and they don't even have their own place. I highly doubt she's going to be able to afford a lawyer. As much as we'd like to help, we really don't have a lot of extra $ laying around for lawyers etc.. Anyway, I agree that this guy is scum and is pretty much not trustworthy. If she didn't feel like she had no other options,...
Hi. I'm hoping some ladies here might have some advice I can pass on to my stepdaughter. Here's the situation. When she was 18 she became pregnant. She wasn't forthcoming with who the father was. Was sure it was Mr. X. Talked with him about helping to care and support the baby. Neither one of them wanted to get married (which is actually a very good thing!). Turns out he wasn't the father. This left Mr. Y as the daddy candidate as apparently she'd been with both...
We have 3. If it had been my dh's choice, we would only have had 2, but we had a stowaway our last pregnancy and ended up with twins :LOL (spontaneously occuring, no history of twins on either side). I always wanted about 4, but knew in my heart I'd be fine with 3. I know I'm done. I'm really happy with my kids and in all honesty, I'm not fond of the infant stage. I'm just now getting over feeling exhausted all the time. We looked over our expenses and realized how...
Unless he was abusive in some way, yes, I probably would stay with him for the sake of our children. I believe kids deserve a stable home with two parents, working as partners to raise them.
Thankfully, no. When the twins were itty bitty babies, we switched off getting up with them and he worked full time while I was home. Now that the boys are sleeping a good 10 hours a night, we get up together to take care of them. Many times on the weekends I'll do one day and he'll do the other. We both work full time now so I need the help; thankfully he'd already been doing it, so I didn't really have to ask. Granted, there are some times when he's super tired and...
I drop my kids off around 6:20 a.m. and I pick them up around 3:30 p.m.. I guess we're talking 9 -10 hours. I know it sounds like a lot, but if you work an 8 hour day (as many of us do, if not more) and calculate time for travel and possible after work meetings etc., I think this is typical.
Haven't done it, but almost wish I'd had when she was an itty bitty baby. Would have been easier to care for and in my cultural background it's expected and most baby girls get their ears pierced and then wear the gold earrings their nonnas give them. Dd has the earrings her nonnna gave her, but at almost 2.5 years, no holes yet. I might do them soon, but I haven't decided. It's just been a royal pain to get somewhere to get them done.
My husband does. No real reason why. Maybe it's because I'm always driving the van with the kids so it's nice to be "chauffered" once in a while.
We have 3. Ideally, I would have loved 4, but I'm quite content with 3. I always wanted 2 or 4 because there was never an "odd man out" situation where 2 grouped together and left the other out. I guess, of course, it certainly could happen, I always liked the idea that there would be at least one playmate for each child that they didn't have to "share" or have "divided attention". Anyway, my dh is older than I am, has 4 kids from another marriage and really didn't...