or Connect

Posts by Fleurette

Our daughter calls my husband's mom "Grandma", his dad "PopPop" (which I hate, by the way!). My dad would be "Nonno" if my dad would choose to speak to me after a number of years. My mother passed away last year, but we still refer to her as "Nonna" as dd had met her and spoken with her on numerous occasions before she passed.
Oh, don't feel like a whiner. I've got three and I just HAVE to make it work. It's not a choice; LOL! Basically, once I get home, my time is devoted to my children. I play with them, read to them, feed them, help with baths and diaper changes, pjs and off to bed. If I'm feeling up to it, I do school work; otherwise, I don't. In the evenings I try to make sure that lunches for the next day are packed, anything for the sitters is ready to get. I get clothes laid out...
Nope, I don't think it's "bad". My dd who is over 2 years old will occassionally shower with my dh. She'll also shower with me.
When dd was between the ages of 16 months and 22 months (give or take), nothing, and I mean NOTHING would keep her near me. I was preggo with twins, couldn't chase her fast enough and whenever I did, she thought it was a game and ran faster, hid in clothes racks; in short, it was a nightmare. I started using a "leash/handholder" with her before the boys were born. I knew I wasn't going to be able to chase her around all over the place once they were here. I wasn't about...
I'll bite. I teach too. I teach foreign language in middle school (but the course is h.s. curriculum). I have a 2 year old and almost 9 month old twins. When I returned to work after having my dd, I just decided that she was my number 1 priority and just decided that my kids at school were a priority, but not number 1. I do as much of my work at school. If it takes a week to return something, then it takes a week. Life goes on. I get in to work as early as I can,...
I know having twins is stressful, but I'm just having a really tough time of it right now. I was able to stay home with them and my 2 year old until school started up (about 8 months). I teach. I've gone back to work. I'm soooo stressed that I wake up stressed. I can't seem to 'go with the flow'. I have SO much to do in the mornings and evenings, and many times, I'm the only one doing it. Here's an example of my typical day: Get the boys fed (dh helps by giving one...
Welcome and nice to meet you. My little guys are going to be 9 months old on Monday! Can't believe how fast the time flies.
My daughter does it too, never fear. In the grocery store, she has a choice of sitting in the cart or holding onto it while we walk around. She's actually pretty good about not darting away now, but around 19 months or so, she would be gone in the blink of an eye if I wasn't carefully monitoring her. Honestly, when I'm out and she has a fit, I just pick her up and leave. I can usually come back to get what I needed. If not, I quickly get what else we need and I...
My dd was an awesome baby. Slept like a champ, no colic, great eater. Then I had the twins. Oh my! What a change. My first twin was colicky, had umbilical hernia (which the doctors said didn't hurt him, but I still don't believe it!). He's still the fussiest of my babies.
We carve pumpkins. This year it'll be 3, one for each child. We dress up. Our court has a Halloween get together: we have a fire going (chiminea style), we make s'mores, hotdogs, whatever. We eat, chat, play, chase after the kids, break the pinata (we have some hispanic neighbors who bring a pinata. The kids have a blast!) and then we make the rounds in the neighborhood trick-or-treating with ALL the kids from our court in one big group (that's about 10 kids knockin'...