or Connect

Posts by Sahara

We are going at 12 weeks just to hear the heartbeat and measure ketones and whatnot. If you don't use the doppler, there's probably not much reason to go. I don't think it's negligent in any way. Steph
I am nursing my 21 month old, having more tenderness lately but it's not terrible. We are alternating offering soy milk, rice milk, and a little organic 2% cow milk, since my supply is already dwindling. DS weaned when I was 7 months pregnant, my milk dried up at 4 months and he got tired of trying. He tried several times after DD was born, but never could get the hang of it. He was older, though, 3 years, she will only be 2 1/2 so might hang in there to tandem nurse....
It's so neat to hear what everyone's thinking about during this first trimester. I really want to stay on top of diet and exercise this time, I lost track with my first pregnancy and gained a little too much weight, was better 2nd time, and plan to keep to a good plan this time. One thing I know for sure, I want a squat bar to use when I'm pushing. Last time I used a birthing stool, which was nice but it put pressure on my tailbone right as DD was coming out. I think...
Boy, the fatigue is really getting to me this pregnancy. Minus my tiny confession on another thread, I'm doing pretty well diet and exercise, and it seems to be helping. Sometimes I just konk, usually about the time DH gets home from work and it's time to make dinner and the kids are kind of squirrely and demanding. Things I'm doing that are helping- Peppermint Tea, walking every day, eat a salad once a day, take a prenatal vitamin, rest when DS is in school and DD...
Ok, here goes... I took a handful of hot and spicy cheezits and put a few tablespoons of blue cheese dressing on them. It was almost like eating chicken wings. The worst so far is the craving for a spicy chicken burrito from Taco Bell. I never even eat there, but a friend brought some over one day about a year ago, and now I can't get it out of my mind. My patience is much shorter these days, too. I remember this happening when I was pregnant with DD, I felt...
Curious how everyone else does it. We did not find out with our first two. We have one u/s done at around 4 1/2 months, and have always asked the tech not to tell us. In a way I lean toward finding out this time, to be able to share with the kids and do some planning. DH feels like it's unfair to this baby to do it differently, and he LOVES the surprize. What are you all planning? Steph
We've had a stomach virus doing rounds at our house, so I think that's the culprit with DD's poo. But, her attitude is changing for sure, and not for the better! I think my milk supply is dropping a little, and I'm sure the taste has changed some. My milk dried up when I was 4 months pregnant with her, and DS weaned when I was almost 8 months pregnant. I'm wondering what will happen, since DD is younger, maybe she'll nurse on through without milk. I don't remember DS...
BathrobeGoddess! You have one of my all-time favorite usernames. I was going to suggest even if you end up with an August due date, join July anyways, but that could get old if everyone is having babies while you wait. You might have to do double-duty on the due date clubs. Looking forward to hearing your results, Steph Oh, Sandrine, I almost forgot, my DD is amazing to me. She's such a feminine girl, which I am not, and yet she has this wildcat side when she's...
What great sites! My son loved looking at the baby over the next few weeks! Thanks for the links, Steph
kirstie, I remember your comment, I was happy to know I was inspiring women to keep up their muscle tone My daughter was born March 2nd! I also have a son who is 4 1/2, he was born March 23, 2001. Jish, I haven't been on the boards since I was pregnant with DD, but I love being able to share aches, pains, laughs and tears with so many expecting mama's and had to come back. How cool!! Steph