or Connect

Posts by Sahara

Hi Mamas, I need your help. This is a long post, and I hope that some of you can take the time to help me hash this out. I want to say in advance that if any of you who know me personally read this, please don't judge me. We are having some behavior issues with our son, who is going to be 4 in March. Our home was severely damaged by the hurricanes that passed through this area last summer/fall. We have not been able to live in it since September, and have been...
spatulagirl, I don't think you made a major mistake, I think you are working out your style of discipline, just like the rest of us. I agree with the general consensus that fewer toys work better, less overwhelming for the 3-4 year old and easier to keep track of. I think if you have a limited number of toys, it might be reasonable to expect your son to be able to clean them up himself. All of them. Of course each child is different, and some may not be able to...
We haven't had the culture done, but Dd has the cough which has lasted for 3 weeks and is starting into state 2, and developed bronchitis. The doc we saw yesterday has us terrified that she will contract some kind of secondary illness and it will have major consequences. She's 9 months old, not vaxed. Does anyone have positive stories about dealing with pertussis? What about the nebulizer treatments, prescription cough meds and steriods they have given us to use? Any...
Embee, What a great post! These are all the things I try to remind myself to try during the moment, but have become so bogged down in the FREQUENCY of the episodes I forget to be creative! I am wondering what you all think about this approach, I tried it with DS today with great results... Just after DH left for work, DS had his first tantrum and hit me. DH had asked him to pay special attention to his behavior today, and report back to him on how things went...
Jaze, I came here to write a 'help me' post about this very topic, but you beat me to it! We had our babies at about the same time, woo hoo March Mama's! My DS has shown so much of the same behavior, and the anger has really been overwhelming for me. He gets this look in his eye, and swats at me or tries to kick me, and it absolutely breaks my heart. I tell him we don't hit each other in this house, and I put him on his bed for a 'cool down'. I have been so...
What did you find worked best preparing your dc for their first school experience? TIA, Steph
Thank you all so much!! And Spark, that link was GREAT! I am probably about 2 cm as far as I can tell. Gotta go, toddler needs to potty!~ Steph
Chandi, I know how you feel. Anticipation can drive you NUTS! Hopefully your birth is just around the corner, once labor starts I'm sure you'll get into the swing of it. At least then there's no more wondering about when it's going to happen, where will you be, who's going to be around, who you'll have to call, will you have all the groceries you need, on and on!! Distraction distraction distraction!!! Can you go to a movie or rent a good comedy to take your mind off...
Can you do the premeasured carb meal rather than the glucose solution? I think that has to be assimilated by your body more naturally that the sugar drink. I went that route with both of my pregnancies and passed just fine. And I definately get the sugar cravings sometimes, too. Good luck!~ Steph
I haven't had any vaginal exams by the midwives, and am 38 weeks along. I know how to check my cervix for fertility signs, but wondered if there is any reference out there for moms who might do their own exams during pregnancy? Wondering if anyone has any links or info... Steph