or Connect

Posts by Oceanjones

My daughter, who is 16, just received an email from her midwife that was going to attend her birth here at home saying she won't be able to do that at all because she has issues with depression and she can't handle it. My dd is due December 28th. She is actually glad about it. She is relived that someone she doesn't really know won't be here to make her feel uncomfortable. I, on the other hand, am freaking a little because I feel this is just so last minute and I haven't...
I was just getting my son ready for bed and we went into the bathroom and he complained that his penis hurt. I looked and it's really red and swollen. There is a sizable lump about halfway down on the right side and the redness goes all the way to the base. he said his pants hurt his penis all day but he was fine this morning. I think. He and his sister age 5 got dressed all by themselves this morning! They were so proud but so I didn't have the casual look I usually get...
My 5yo dd and 3yo ds have not been vaxed at all. Only recently have I considered tetanus really and mostly because we are such a family of such grace (not) that I started thinking after my son cracked his face open at the playground it might be a good idea for my barefoot all the time, climb on everything with no sense of consequences kids. Nothing else really worries me too much. They've been in preschool/daycare since my 3yo was just under 18 mos with no problems....
tommynomad-thank you for fixing it up for me. I'm writing it in now I'm not comfortable with using a religious argument because that has nothing to do with my decision. I've just taken the time (years actually) to research and have made an informed and educated decision that I feel very strongly about. I can't even have discussions about it outside of here because I get very twitchy hence the need to make this as smooth as possible.
Looks like it is a pa dept of health card that gets filled out. on one side it has where the doc would enter vax info and the other side is exemption info.
They gave me a card to fill out for the exemption. Up until now I just printed out a page I got from here actually that stated the law and that I was opposed. Easy peasy. This little card here wants me to state WHY I am requesting a religious exemption. I am in PA btw. I didn't think I need to explain. It does say in parentheses under the religious exemption heading (includes a strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief) I'm not very eloquent and...
I understand that the meds aren't "supposed" to mess with me like that but I have always had it happen that way if I don't continue to take it or I take too small of a dose because I metabolize certain drugs very quickly. Zoloft is one of them which is why I held on to them for a mini fix while I was in avoidance. Anyway, I've been seeing a pdoc. A really involved and fairly open-minded pdoc who I like alright. He's diagnosed me with Bipolar I with anxiety, add, ocd,...
I am new to this thread though I spent the last few days reading through it all. I feel a little funny posting because I never feel like I quite fit in here on MDC. More my own paranoia I think than actual truth because I have this problem in many social situations. I was diagnosed with bipolar at 14 and again at 16 when I was hospitalized for nearly a month after a pretty bad mixed episode followed by a lot of cutting which scared the crap out of my mom and she...
He just sent me another text. DH told his squad leader that he wasn't getting it and he said okay. No fuss, just checked him off. Niiiice
My husband is in the reserves. He's at drill right now and just sent me a text that they are trying to force the H1N1 vax on everyone today. We managed to dodge the flu vax a few months back but I really need to get him an official exemption on file. We're in PA and it's been very easy for me to get the kids by with a simple letter. What can I do to get him out of this? He listed himself as atheist but the PA exemption covers a strong personal conviction similar to a...