or Connect

Posts by Cherry Alive

Quote: Originally Posted by Ellp I don't know... my bells didn't go off reading the OP's description, maybe because I've encountered stuff like this before? I have 2 girls (5 and 2yo) and people aways love talking to them, partly because my girls are very verbal and aren't shy about voicing their thoughts. : I've had total strangers engage them in conversation with me looking on and it doesn't bother me as I figure thats how they will learn how to...
Quote: Originally Posted by KatWrangler Oh sure, tease us with this incomplete information. The stalls on the edge get used the most often. The middle ones are less popular. I find this to be true as I used to peek to see if a stall has toilet paper before heading it. The ones on the edge are most often out.
Yeah. That totally wouldn't fly with me. I'd be moving us back into the Master bedroom regardless of whatever DH wanted to do—especially if he started calling it his room. I can understand when a spouse needs a little more sleep to get up early and go to work, but everyone should be contributing to night-time parenting. Perhaps you could compromise and side-car the bed so there's more space for everyone? If not, then I think it's time for your DH to be sleeping in the...
A couple of fake "out of order" signs on the neighboring stalls might help. Makes me tempted to make a couple for myself and keep them in my purse (with my extra roll of toilet paper) for times like that.
12 years old? If she doesn't want to wear a sun hat (and specifically thinks they are dorky), she's probably not going to wear one—even a really, really cool one. ...Or she might conveniently lose it. And to be honest, I don't know if I'd buy a sunhat for a kid (past the baby/toddler age) unless he/she really, really wanted one badly. Hats are soooo easily lost, and sunhats aren't usually cheap (compared to winter knit hats). A baseball hat might be okay (if she...
That's weird. I never heard it before. It's quite ridiculous...then again, most of the bridal industry is. $1000+ for a dress you wear once? Hahahahahahahaha!!!
I hate it when people leave their dogs out to bark all day. I have multiple dogs (all barky breeds), but as soon as I hear them start to bark I bring them in. It's not like it's Rocket Science. We had issues with our neighbors' daughter. She and her lab moved in with her parents' after a divorce. Someone would let the lab out for hours at stupid times (5am to 10pm). The poor thing would get anxious and nonstop bark so loudly, it echoed. Luckily, the daughter (and...
Quote: Originally Posted by lovbeingamommy Thanks everyone for all the responses Now after fiddling around with FB privacy I do think this teacher "friend" did this with intent since as far as I can tell there's not an easy click button to block your wall. It seems you actaully have to maneuver a little to make this happen. Given that you worked together, she probably has you in a friend list that's professionally based or she has everyone...
I reserve my wall for people who I know very well—or for folks I know who aren't super nosy (my extended family is totally off limits to my wall). Of course I could make multiple FB pages (it's becoming the vogue thing to do these days...especially having a separate FB page for work peeps), but I'm too lazy.
My DD doesn't know many verbal words yet, but when she wants to nurse, she'll very enthusiastically sign "milk" with both hands as if she's grabbing invisible breasts. She also giggles like a maniac when she sees breasts (anyone's breasts). I believe "booby" will be a favorite word when she learns to say it.