or Connect

Posts by Cherry Alive

That's really difficult! Would your DH consider looking for a new job in the case this guy ends up being his supervisor? Is there anyway he could transfer to another department instead of you having to move? Office politics suck!
Quote: Originally Posted by emamum i understand what you mean but, as a pregnant woman with 2 previous losses, i bet that bubble of peace feels great! Same here (I also had 2 losses). The SIL sounds very defensive, but in her defense people can be extremely *rude* during a pregnancy—especially if they know you've had a loss. And even when you are past the period of m/c'ing, you still have the fear of having a still born. I know it's unlikely,...
This is a rant and call for advice. We are 90% sure our Whirpool POS "HE" (haha—probably wastes more water than our 20 year old top loader with the amount we have to run extra rinse cycles) is making our dog sick. He coughs violently—especially after we run it. When it hasn't run for a week or more (like after we come home from vacation), he doesn't cough until after I do laundry. And he didn't cough before we had it. After doing a google search, I discovered (a few...
We are planning on buying a new washer as we are 90% sure our cr@ppy Whirlpool Frontloader is making our dog sick (mold allergy makes him cough all the time) which has literally costs us hundreds (if not thousands) in vet bills. I also think the stupid thing sucks when it comes to rinsing. If I use the recommended amount of detergent I feel itchy, but when I use less detergent it doesn't properly clean things. The stupid thing only has a cold rinse cycle, and I've had to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Swandira I'm not a Christian, but if I needed to do this I would probably say "he had died so that everyone could have a chance to go to heaven, and on the third day he came back to life, so we celebrate that on Easter Sunday." Does that work? Nealy mama to T (7), L (4), and O (15 months) That's what I was told when I was 5ish. It worked for me. It wasn't scary, gave me respect for Jesus' sacrifice, and got me...
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyS There are different schools of thought on this, and I think you have to go with your gut. My oldest ds was not talking at 2 years old. Maybe 5 words? Maybe? But, like your son, he would say a word for a while, then it would be gone. He was also a bit slow to communicate. He was close to 2 before we *knew* that he understood most of what we said (even simple things like "no" or "cookie"). My pediatrician is...
Oh, that's crazy! What a wild tale. It's good to know what to do now if we ever get a mysterious package. Before I read this I probably would have opened it.
I dated a JT (John), Will, and Chris. Didn't marry any of them, though.
Anyone know if small jellybeans would be safe for a LO if cut in half? I have some lovely organic ones I'd love to share with my 13-month old, but I am concerned about them being a choking hazard. So far we have a hollow chocolate bunny and a stuffed bunny. I bought some large plastic eggs that I'll be using every year, and I plan to stuff them with goodies like dried fruit and bunny grahams. I also own a cute chick that peeps when you put him on your hand that I'll be...
I almost fell out of a carnival ride (the Salt & Pepper Shaker) when I was about 5 or 6. It was pretty scary. But I kept going throughout childhood after that, and survived. I think what I'll do for DD is take her to an amusement park once a year. It's super expensive and also crowded, but the rides are much safer since they are stationary. I'd also consider taking her to our annual state fair, but that's because it has much more going on than just rides and...