or Connect

Posts by tinawoman

Hello! I live in Fresno and am trying to make plans for a family vacation to San Francisco. I have been there many times, but never for an extended stay with my children. We want to do a long weekend, 3 or 4 days. I have ideas as to things I want to visit, like the usual: Exploratorium and Academy of Science and the zoo...but am open to other ideas. Especially educational ideas, because we are homeschoolers and I would love to be able to visit museums and other educational...
I guess I just need to hear others are having similar problems. Misery loves company, right? I've got a 13yo (dd) and 8yo (ds). We've always homeschooled. We're in CA, so I started as private school affidavit, but discovered a fabulous homeschool charter that is super open to whatever I want to do, and we are now in our 3rd year there and LOVE it. It provides resources and experiences for us and support for me as well as gives me that bit of accountability I was missing...
Thank you. I'm afraid there's nothing that would change this woman's mind. She doesn't care who she hurts. And her comment groupies are the same. All I can do is not go back there again and just move on.   I knew there'd be people that would feel this way, I just never thought I'd be hit in the face with my own words and story being told in such a cold and uncaring way. I would NEVER in a MILLION YEARS talk about someone's loss like that. It's just deplorable. But I...
Yup, that's the one. Nasty horrid person, she is.
Thank you. It means a lot that you ladies understand, to an extent...at least about homebirth...and care. I knew coming here would surround me with love.
Thank you mamas. And thank you for telling me to remove the link because I hadn't even thought of that. I keep going back and forth between wanting to email or post a response and realizing its not going to do a bit of good.   That evil b*tch doesn't give a damn about who she hurts. And her mindless minions have forgotten that there is a person and a story behind everything they attack. People are just monsters on the net. They don't have to think about who they hurt...
Violated. That's an excellent way to put it. Thank you for your kind words.
I am posting here because I know this is the community that rallies around their mama friends and I know all of you will most likely be as upset about this as I am.   Backstory: I had a homebirth in 2004 that ended, through no one's fault, in my son being born dead. Horrible ending to a story that started out so hopeful...Suffice it to say we did everything right...I even had an OB monitoring my pregnancy and 2 very capable and experienced midwives AND a doula attending...
I agree w/those that say to hold off on the structure. He's too little. At that age his entire day should be play. Everything and everyone in his life is a learning experience, especially at 2! No need to force feed. And you can actually turn kids off to learning if you start pushing it. But perhaps you meant more like a routine? In which case I recommend looking into Waldorf education for great info on the importance of a rhythm to the day for children. I find little...
thank you so much for the responses! i had a particularly bad day when i wrote the original post. things are still hard but i do see that there is much that i can do to help the situation...if only i can get my butt in gear.   one is that i need to connect with her more. i'm ashamed to say that the worse her behavior gets, the less i enjoy being around her and this starts a vicious cycle. i know this, but darned if i can get myself to break the cycle. wonder where...