or Connect

Posts by snugglemama

I'm learning a lot from this thread, but I'm a little confused. What is the rationale behind pumping in this situation? Isn't the best way to increase supply to nurse on demand until baby is satisfied and cut out all supplementation? Maybe the reason for pumping is that the thrush is making it too painful to nurse the baby until satisfied every time, or too painful to nurse on demand around the clock right now? Just curious.....
For my Mother Blessing, first there was a smudging, then the lighting of the blessing candle. Each woman brought a blessing, birth story or poem and went around the circle and read in turn, lighting a small candle after each reading. There was a table in the middle of the circle with a big candle in the center and a circle of small votives around it. Then each person put a bead on my birth necklace while I opened/recieved some small personal gifts. Oh - I forgot my...
I don't see any reason to! Why risk it? Especially at the beginning when he/she is learning how to latch and nurse. Neither of my boys ever took a bottle (they refused!). I prefer it that way. I really don't like pumping and it seems easier to me to just give it to them straight from the tap. Good luck!
Maybe if you could get the babes to open their mouths wide when latching on, the teeth wouldn't rub against the nipple at first. Try telling them to "open wide" and show them by opening your mouth wide, too. They are starting to understand more at this age and can definitely imitate facial expressions (even newborns can imitate an adult sticking her tongue out). Also, don't let them slide off the nipple when done. You can break the latch by sticking your finger or...
I had a really nice nursing picture done at Celebrity Kids photo studio. They are a national chain, so check to see if there is one near you. They have a website you can use to check locations. When I asked on the phone they were very open to doing nursing pictures. It's the type of place where they take a bunch of pics and then you look at them on the computer to narrow it down to the ones you want to buy. When I chose my favorite, the girl photographer (couldn't...
Also wanted to add to make sure you are trying a variety of nursing positions. That way the babies mouth isn't touching the exact same areas on the nipples every time. Hang in there! You're doing a great job!
Going back a bit loving my babies...... Quote: maybe I am blind.. but I have never seen such limitations, I have never felt limited because I am a woman, I feel I can be what I wish to be. period. So you're saying that you feel comfortable and safe walking in any neighborhood you wish, alone, at night? Or walking alone at night in your own neighborhood, for that matter? You don't feel on extra guard while walking through a dark parking garage,...
Just a word from another SLP, A&A had great advice. It's best not to rush a child when he's having trouble getting words out, and also try not to tell him/her to slow down. Simply stop what you're doing and give your full attention, waiting patiently without interrupting. Stuttering may occur more when your child is competing for your attention, like trying to tell you something while you're washing the dishes, for example.
kissing and cousins
playing and laughing