or Connect

Posts by snugglemama

Congratulations! What an amazing story. It brought tears to my eyes. Especially the part about your dd kissing you. My ds is 2yo and I could picture him doing something like that. Thanks for sharing!
Beanma, sometimes I do just what you suggested, and the other day DS had the sweetest response. We had been at odds with each other all morning, and I said "I'm sorry I've been so grumpy with you this morning. Mama shouldn't be so grumpy." And ds (30 mo. old) says "Thank you for sayin dat, mama"
We can't afford to buy anything nearly as nice as my midwife and doula deserve, but I made them book marks. I took small pictures of them with me and babe in the hospital, put on a strip of paper. Put a poem or a personal thank you message underneath the picture. I glued that strip onto a strip of colored construction paper, then had them laminated. Punched a hole in top or bottom and put a pretty ribbon through. I haven't given them to them yet. I hope they like them!
Thanks, Lisa!
Jonathan Reynolds was born on September 13th, and it was very much the birth that I had hoped for. With my first son, I was induced due to leaking waters and was really looking forward to going into labor on my own and letting my body do what came naturally. And a little afraid that my body would not and I would need to be induced again. On Friday night Doug and I decided to have one more date, and we chose an Indian restaurant hoping spicy foods would get things...
Hi, Tracey. You don't know me b/c I have been mainly a lurker on these threads, but I feel like I know all of you! I am currently 40+2 and have been thinking about some of the same issues that you have. First, I wanted to tell you that I was induced with Pit for my ds two years ago, and still had an otherwise unmedicated birth, no forceps, etc. My body must have been ready to go because the baby was out seven hours after the Pit started. But it was a very positive...
Hi, Em. Sorry I took so long to respond, I haven't checked back in a while. The song is the Gibran passage set to music - same words. Here is the blessing my minister uses. She is saying the words while parents are holding the child, and she is touching the child with a flower on each part of the body as the blessing is said: Blessed be your mind, that you may grow in wisdom Blessed be your eyes that you may see truth Blessed be your lips that you may speak with...
If you're still okay with it, just keep on letting him nurse. He might not mind that there's no milk. I'm pregnant with #2 and stopped making milk a few months ago. I'm not even sure when my supply ran out, I just noticed one day that he wasn't swallowing and asked him if there was any milk in there. He popped off, said "no" and just kept on nursing. He still often nurses to sleep and to wake up in the morning but it is obviously just for comfort and snuggling...
I am a UU and we had a dedication ceremony for ds this year. We had it at our church and invited our parents and my sister and her husband. We didn't send out invitations. One passage that is read at most UU dedication ceremonies is Kahlil Gibran's "On Children". A small group of women also sang the song version of this passage adapted by Ysaye Barnwell (sp?). Then the minister asked us ds' name. She welcomed him to our church community, said a few words about how we...
My ds is 26 mo. old and 33 lb and still facing backwards. I just figured it was safer and when he turned one his legs weren't cramped or anything so I just left his seat the way it was. He doesn't seem to mind at all. His legs are getting long, however so I plan to turn him around soon. We are expecting ds #2 in Sept. so I figure when I go to the fire department to get our infant seat put in, I'll turn ds#1 around at that time. I was glad to read in your post that...