or Connect

Posts by snugglemama

I think my ds wasing losing interest in them my the time he was 18mo. old. They did mesmerize him as a baby, though. They really came in handy in a pinch, such as the time or two when he was up crying from earache in the middle of the night and the only thing that would take his mind off of the pain was to rock with me while watching the video. I think we also used the videos when grandma or grandpa were babysitting and didnt know what to do to calm him (those times...
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I would think it is normal for you to still be angry, after all, as you said, as the mother you are the one closest to him physically and emotionally. Everyone deals with grief in their own way and time. I wish I had something great to say, but I haven't lived through it and therefore can't fully understand. Sounds like a support group may help, some people you could meet face to face who can truly understand.... I...
I think the bug jar idea is cool. My ds is 2 and really into bugs right now so he would have loved that for his birthday. He loves to be outside ALL the time right now which I like to encourage so this time of year I would suggest outdoor toys. His favorite from his birthday was his lawn mower. He pushes it everywhere! It's supposed to blow bubbles but it doesn't but he doesn't seem to care. He just loves to do whatever Daddy and Grandpa do! We also got him...
This is an issue my dh and I struggled with for about a year, but now we have a good understanding. Our roles were reversed so I can understand where your husband is coming from. But your post gave me insight as to what my dh may have been feeling (having the "rug pulled out from under him"), too. I was raised Unitarian, my husband Christian. When we got married neither of us attended church and I didn't think it was very important. When our ds was born I felt a...
Thanks for the input, 2much. My story sounds very similar to yours. The OB broke my water for me too! (Without much warning and no discussion I might add) Glad to hear the tip about vitamin E, I think it will make me feel better to do something this time, too.
I was induced because my water was leaking slowly for five days in a row. The OB said I had to be induced because of risk of infection. I really really really don't want to be induced this time, but am afraid the same thing will happen. My doula seemed to think that the induction was justified. What do you all think? The only way they even let me go five days was because I didn't tell them, I thought my bladder was leaking. I was wearing pads! I went in for...
Since summer is upon us, how about a sign for "outside"? We did this with my son by holding a hand in the air, pretending we were grasping a door knob and turning it. He used that sign a lot last year. He also loved using animal signs, and I was suprised that he caught on to adjectives as quickly as he did, like "good", "hot", "cold". I thought those would be a lot harder to grasp since adjectives are more abstract. Of course "I love you" is a great one to learn. And...
I am just agreeing with others who have responded. The combination of delayed language skills and sensitivity to sensory input makes me think he should be evaluated.
Thanks for all the input! My dh especially thanks omegamama and kama'aina mama because you wrote exactly what he's been telling me! I am still indecisive about it but leaning towards Luke or Lucas. It just seems weird to me that I can't find ANY other boys names I like! There are so many good names out there what is my problem? : Oh well, I will probably keep thinking about it until it drives me crazy. Now I have that song running through my head "Just the good...
I have a son named Bo. This was my dh's favorite name and also honors his grandfather. However, since I was a little girl I've always wanted to name my son Luke. So now we are expecting ds #2 in Sept. What would you think if I told you my son's names were Bo and Luke? (I'm not going to tell why it might be weird, I want to see how many people think so without me telling). Thanks!