or Connect

Posts by snugglemama

I had a similar pain when sleeping on my side for the first baby, and am just starting to experience it now (due in Sept.), but the only comfortable way I could sleep in the end was in the recliner in a semi-sitting, semi-laying down position.
Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this thread for a while, enjoying reading everyone's comments. I am due with #2 September 10. I know how some of you are feeling about nursing. I decided I really needed some kind of break, so I decided to nightwean. We used Dr. Jay Gordon's method. Bo (22 mo.) still nurses to sleep, but that's it until 6 am. Just wanted to share with you all that it was much, much easier than expected! He really accepted it pretty well, and now...
We did a 12 hour drive when ds was 16 mo. It was suprisingly easy! We drove through the night, with one long stop just before bedtime. On the way home we had to drive during the day and he did just as well. We couldn't believe it! I nursed while he was in the car seat, and I had a bag filled with books and toys he had never seen before. I sat in the back with him and played with him for some of the time. I had gone to big lots and gotten some cheap, little toys...
We did something similar to the last post. Instead of ornaments we decorated our tree with red and white bows. I didn't want to be saying "no" and "don't touch" all day. I think it was a good compromise, even though dh says our tree looks like a WalMart display tree : (it does look sort of generic). But it is still pretty, and not dangerous! Woohoo! This is my 100th post! Took me over a year!
As a speech pathologist working in early intervention for the past five years, I do not think breastfeeding is a factor in speech delay. Even sippy cups and pacifiers, from what I've read, are only harmful when a child has it in his mouth all the time. When I am working with toddlers who use pacifiers I ask the parents to please not let them have it while playing and interacting with others, but of course continue to use it when the child needs it for comfort reasons...
Last year I made bookmarks for everyone. They went over really well. I just went through all my doubles of pictures I had and picked ones I thought different people would like. Like a picture of me and ds for my mom's bookmark, and a picture of dh and ds for MIL's bookmark, etc. Then I found a poem or saying that sort of went with the picture, typed it in an interesting, colored font, glued the picture and poem to construction paper, and cut into a bookmark shape. ...
I was raised Unitarian and plan on going more often with ds starting this fall.
Oooh, yes the Thornbirds was great. One of my favorite authors is Willa Cather, she is known for writing about the west. That would be good if you like a little historical fiction, too (My Antonia, Death Comes for the Archbishop). The latter is kind of dry but I liked it, read it several times. Cold Mountain was also good, takes place in the Appalachians. Then there's alway Clan of the Cave Bear....
What does it mean if the picture of the envelope next to a thread has a big black circle on the seal? Been trying to figure it out......... Thanks!
Can the number 3 also be a magical number for a man? Tell me more about this magical number stuff! (I am totally ignorant in this whole topic)