or Connect

Posts by not now

My degree was totally worth it. I have an associates in nursing. No loans. Could go back for a BSN if I wanted to be a manager but I don't...at least not right now. I work two "as needed" jobs but back when I worked full time I only worked three days a week. One job is in a small ICU to help me keep up my critical care skills, they always have plenty of options for me to work. The second job is in endoscopy, no nights, no weekends, no holidays. Both pay wonderfully, both...
I think the problem the daycare has with moving your child up an age group is the DCP to child ratio required by CA. No matter how many notes your pediatrician writes, they have to stay in ratio.
My ex's mom is pretty open to taking my son but she works an 8-5 job and has an active social life. A co-worker who has become one of my closest friends will take my son any day, any time she's not working, she has two toddlers of her own who are my sons age. She's even taken him overnight. Sometimes we just go over to her house to let our kids run wild together. I have other friends who are co-workers and are more than willing to help me out in a pinch. My actual family...
When my ex and I were together I was working part time as an RN so that was three 12's every two weeks. I worked weekends so my son never went into daycare. When I moved out he informed me that I was expected to work full time  Now I work three 12's a week: Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Son is with dad Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, daycare Monday. 
Last weekend I went out with a friend, her boyfriend was meeting a bunch of co-workers at a bar. It was a lot of people I didn't know but I figured that I actually had a night without my son (he was with dad) so why not? I was introduced to a really cute guy and we spent the rest of the time talking and hanging out. We exchanged numbers and when he called we stayed on the phone for hours. He wanted to see me again but I have a hard time getting a child free night where...
Maybe I should join?   My son's dad and I were broken up but lived under the same roof for a year before I finally moved out in November. So I spent a year with no physical intimacy and by the time I moved out I just wanted sex. Even if it was a no strings attached one time thing, I just needed it. Last month I got what I wanted and it was such a relief. He and I are friends now, no bad feelings, no awkwardness at work. I totally lucked out.    As for...
If you're having respiratory issues you should let the doctor know. You're intubated during general anesthesia and if you are compromised you may have a hard time coming off the ventilator. 
I didn't see it mentioned here: Joint Commission (formerly JHACO but they hate being called that) is pushing big time for all staff to receive the flu vax. Has no one heard of the Flu Vaccination Challenge? We all know hospitals bend over backwards to make Joint Commission happy. If the facility has enough of it's staff vaccinated for the flu then JC will "recognize" the facility and we all know how hospitals like recognition. Physicians aren't required because they...
I did. I work step down ICU and during flu season my unit is teeming with geriatrics & immunocompromised folks who were hit hard by the flu. Think lots of pneumonia, coughing, BIPAP and ventilators. Inevitably they cough directly on me as I'm caring for them. Every time. Besides hand washing, taking my clothes off and showering as soon as I get home and being good to my body I got the flu shot in my effort to prevent spreading the flu.
I wanted to slam my head against my desk most days in both my LVN and RN program. I spent most of my leadership class playing Nintendo DS. The minute we'd jump into hemodynamics or advanced respiratory I was game. It was pretty obvious that I was meant to be an ICU nurse and that's just where I ended up (after "paying my dues" for six months on med/surg). I've been there two and half years now. Do I love my job all the time? No. Are there occasions where I'd like to...