or Connect

Posts by greenthumb3

Kinderpack, hands down. It's like an ERGO married a Boba and they had a baby. Twice the better fit and comfort for child *and* wearer than either Boba or ERGO, IMO. I had the original ERGO, and every variation after that one, and wore four different children in them...and have used the Boba 2G (liked it, didn't love it), so take that as you will.   KP's come in sizes for carrying a child newborn-preschooler. You can get special straps that adjust for a petite wearer...
We recently moved to the Vancouver, Washington area and my oldest son who is 10 needs to see a pediatrician. Does anyone know of a good pediatrician here where they do not have a policy against non-vaxing families? (Yes, we have been asked to leave a practice before due to not vaccinating any of our children).   Just for kicks, I am also looking for a good pediatric neurologist for seizures/epilepsy near Vancouver, WA or Portland, OR, so if you have one, please...
I know this was posted awhile ago, but I want to share my experience, too. I am a size 16 and 5' 9" with a large bust size. I have the Boba 2G, which the shoulder padded straps are actually a few inches shorter than the 3G (I wrote to the company). The front carry is the same problem for me, underarm rub and no matter what adjustments I make, it's not comfortable. Back carry is tolerable. My baby is slim for 5 months, too, so it's too bad this carrier seems geared for...
This carrier is a nice light grey/dark grey "dusk" color and great for carrying babies 15-45 pounds. I purchased this new a little over a year ago but it only has been used a handful of times as my daughter grew out of it and also preferred walking to being carried. This carrier is softly padded but structured enough to take the strain off shoulders and back so carrying baby/toddler while cooking or shopping or hiking is quite comfortable. It is excellent for front or...
Okay, then, got some questions for ya! PMing ;-)  
Yes. Plus sized mamas, I am interested to hear your experiences, as well.   I am a size 16/1x and 5' 9" and have the original version of the Boba. It feels too tight and the shoulder pads do not come all the way around under my arms, like the Ergo does. I have readjusted and readjusted and it is the carrier, not me or the baby (smallish for 5 months). I want to love the Boba, with it's higher fabric piece for the baby's back, stirrups for toddler's feet, etc, but it...
I'm hoping to connect!   Speak up if you have 3 of more kiddos and you live in SW Washington.   Just moved here and want to get a conversation going :-)
I blog @ Inchworm Chronicles.   If you leave me a comment, I will come and visit your blog, too! I love blogging b/c it allows me to find new friends and connect online!   Aren't blogs great?   Infusion of new ideas, validation of living an uncommon lifestyle, and a way to stretch the brain, all rolled up into one cool package.  
As a parent of three boys, with experience in unschooling, I don't find it concerning or alarming or any of those matching adjectives that he is not interested in reading. Some kids are at that age, and some kids aren't, and unless a person has actual real-life experience in unschooling or homeschooling with a relaxed attitude, it's pretty hard to understand WHY people might think that way. Or understand why it might not be such a cause for panic or alarm or worry....
Sounds like you have a normal boy to me!   My oldest son will be 9 this month, and is just really starting to get the hang of reading. He's not reading books yet, but is starting to understand decoding words more. We practice together, and he is slowly getting the hang of the concepts of it. I believe he will really grasp reading when it seems to be something he truly has a need to do.   When he was 5-7, he loved numbers, recognized them easily, would add up and...