or Connect

Posts by Julia'sMom

Thanks!  I'm putting 2 hours on the invites, but will plan on longer.  I was planning finger food (not over meal time) and cake (of course).  Dd was not in favor of cupcakes and is begging to "order" a cake, so I guess my cake decorating class will not be used this year.  Oh well.  Now I  just need to work on the goody bags and back=up games in case of rain.  I'm starting to get excited. . ..
This is the first party we are planning with dd's friends invited.  We plan on being in the backyard with the sprinkler and baby pool.  We'll have a game or two (water balloons), a simple craft, a pinata as well as cake.  How long should we plan on the party going?  2 hours or 3 hours?  There will be up to 6 girls and I expect some parents may want to stay.  Also, does anyone have any advice for what to do or what to not do?  I've never done a kids party before and would...
I just wanted to add that I did sleep with my twins (and 4yo) every afternoon.  I never did that with my first dd, but needed it desperately with all three kids.  I found I could nurse both twins in bed and then lay down with one on each side of me.  Each would be on their side facing me with their heads kinda in my armpit/shoulder and my hand under their bottom.  Then I could pat/bounce them until they fell asleep.  Older dd would lay down in bed with us too and we...
Hug   I only read the original post.  My twins are now 2 years old...and my house is still a mess.  Although, it is a ton better.  I will say that from the age when they first start to move (crawl or walk) until around 18 months is the hardest.  At that time they would just empty drawers, boxes, cupboards, etc. etc.etc. adn throw it all over the floor.  Around 18 months, they learn more how to play adn tend to stay with a toy for longer, which makes it easier to keep...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  I appreciate all of the replys.  For those of you that go yearly, do you remember a particular age of your children when it was just perfect?  Have any of your girls outgrown the thrill of cinderella's castle by a certain age?   Reading teh responses, I'm also realizing that it partly depends on how much dh and I want to go.  If we really want to go, then we might try before we have to pay for the twins, but if it's not that...
I almost cried readying this thread.  :)  I was just coming to vent about my teething two-year olds.  If I could sleep, it would be so much more manageable...and now you say three is worse.  Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!    Note to self:  only 1.5 more years before they go to school and Mommy has an hour alone, only 1.5 more years. . .
My dh and I are really stuck on this question.  We only foresee being able to afford to go to Disney World like twice during our kids lives.  So. . .what is the best age to take them?  We have a dd age 5 and twin ds and dd age 2.  We think the twins are too young to enjoy it, but worry that dd will be past the "princess" stage is we wait too long.  On the other hand, I believe the twins would be free until they turn 3, but is that too hard to handle with 3 little kids? ...
When they were little, I would use the buckets and put one on the seat area and the other in the cart.  Groceries woudl go around them.  My 3-yo had to walk.  Otherwise, I could double carry them in my moby-wrap.  For the mall, I would use a double stroller.  It woudl start out with the two babies in teh stroller adn the 3-yo walking, then end up with the fussier twin being worn and my 2-yo in teh stroller.  I also learned that Walmart is open until midnight and we have...
I went in for my an appointment at 37w5d and both babies had moved since the previous appointment a week earlier.  My midwife gave me a sheet on spinning babies exercises.  I started them that afternoon and between the time of the appointment in the morning and when I went into labor 7 hours later, baby A had moved from complete breech (cross legged over the opening) to transverse.  I'm convinced if I had a bit more time I could have gotten her all the way to vertex. ...
Thanks for the info!   We just booked travel for over Memorial day weekend, I hope it's not too hot then as we do hope to walk most of it.  We're probably going to either bring an unbrella stroller for the 4yo or else carry a baby on our back as I don't think she'll walk far.  I was looking at a hotel that looks like we could have access to the riverfront streetcar line.  I'll look more into the St. Charles area as well.  Thanks!