or Connect

Posts by Julia'sMom

Our family is starting to plan this year's vacation.  We plan on taking Amtrak to New Orleans and hope not to rent a car, but do all sightseeing by foot or public transportation.  We'll have 2 adults, 2 16 month olds and 1 just-turned-5 year old.  So...what should we make sure to not miss?  What would we be able to do with all the kids?  Where should we stay, we're looking at the French Quarter potentially.  Hit me with you advice as none of us have ever been there and...
Pacifiers started in the hospital for our eldest dd.  She just had a high sucking need and would scream when not nursing.  She gave it up herself around 6 months.  So, we started with pacifiers for the twins as well.  Ds gave his up himself around 4 months, no issues.  Dd2 still uses her, but it's confined to the crib.  She know she has to hand us her pacifier before she gets out of the crib.  We'll eventually even stop that, but for now, I'll do whatever it takes to get...
I don't have any answers for you.  I just wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I lost my first set of twins at 12 weeks and had no problems with the next set.  I hope you can find some answers.
I think the amount of nursing your twins are doing is perfectly normal.  Their tummies are so small and the milk is digested quickly.  IN fact, I would have LOVED to have 3-4 hour spans at night at that age.  So, I'm not sure if increasing supply would lengthen the time between feeding.   That being said, I had problems with supply and ended up supplementing.  I will say that pumping can definately help, if you have the time.  I cut holes in an old bra so that I...
My water broke at 37w 5d.  I had contractions from about 8 weeks, but no change in cervix until delivery.  However, it is smart to get everything done asap.  The exhaustion of just surviving every day, without any additional baby prep, during late pregnancy is still on my mind.  That exhaustion hit much earlier and harder than I had anticipated.  I think it was somewhere around 26 weeks or so that I threw my to-do list out the window and just focused on getting thru the...
Thanks for the replies.  I suppose I'm glad that I am not the only one to feel this way.  It is definately more fun, but oh so very tiring.  My house is a disaster and I can't keep up.  I feel like I'm runnign all day long just keeping them out of trouble and picking up after them.  Then I still stay up late to do more laundry, dishes, etc. and I just can't get ahead.  I think I'll try and majorly declutter, especially toys and lock down as much as possible until this...
I remember it was really late with DD1 and as recent as 3 months ago, she was still regularily joining us in bed around midnight to 3am.  Now at 4.5 years, she sleeps all the way thru.  However, she's been pretty easy since around 3 when wakings started to occur only for potty breaks.  We also didn't sleep train or night wean.   My babes are around the same age as yours.  There is the occasional night when one or the other will sleep all the way thru.  However, I...
So, we passed the babies' birthday.  Both are happy, healthy kiddos.  Sarah is walking about, faster every day and Benjamin is still crawling, but determined to master the stairs.  Once they turned one, it was like something clicked.  Now every cabinet, drawer, dresser, shelf, etc. that is within reach has to be emptied.  My house is a disaster!  I've childproofed like crazy and now I'm going to start decluttering as much as possible.  To top it off, they're not great...
Thanks for the info!  I think we're going to try.  We'll book a sleeper at least one direction, although it's nice to know it's not necessary.  We'll have two adults, dh and I.  Now I'm starting to get excited as this would be our first vacation with only our family, as we've traveled with both grandparents in the last year to get additional hands for the babies.
Good job making it work!  Talk about mortified, our Christmas Eve dinner was McDonalds.  Ugh.  But, it meant a more peaceful evening and I was so overtired that I was about to pass out.  So, we made do.  I do think each year will get a bit easier and you'll add back in the traditions you most enjoy and let the others go.