or Connect

Posts by Julia'sMom

Has anyone tried this?  The twins are only a year old and DD1 is 4 years old.  We're considering trying an Amtrak vacation with an overnight stay on the train.  I'm not sure how smart that is.  Any experience would be appreciated!   TIA!
Has anyone done it?  We're considering an Amtrak vacation which would include an overnight on teh train.  We're thinking of from Chicago to somwhere warmer like New Orleans or San Antonio.  The kids are one 4yo and two 1-yo's as well as dh and myself.  I'm not sure if we're crazy, or if it would be feasible.  At our destination we're not planning much, maybe a beach or a hotel with a pool.  Just relaxation time.  Any tips or ideas would be appreciated!    How do...
Last Christmas the twins were almost a month old.  Anything that I did not have completed by Halloween (yes, my shopping and wrapping was done by then) was not done.  I relied on family and friends to help out DD1 (3yo).  The only thing I did make it was to the mall so DD1 could visit Santa.  That's it for Christmas for us.  This year is much better.  We're definatley doing the lights and did a gingerbread house (from a kit).  THe cookie baking and all else is definately...
Thanks so much!!  They seem to be gettign better.  I'm experimenting with how much detergent to use.  I upped it to the full amount for a load, but that took like 10 rinses to get rid of suds.  So, I'll go down from there.  I'm also running a cold pre-wash without spin to trick teh machine into adding more water.  I do the same with the rinses (no spin) so there's plenty of water.  I've also decreased the amount of diapers in the load.  Hopefully I'll get it figured out...
Ooohhh, that wood one with flowers is so pretty.  That is what I was thinking of, but we just can't afford that price.  So...I did end up getting somethign plastic after all.  It's exactly what she wants (gag) so at least dd will be happy.  I guess that's what Christmas is all about.  I may keep perusing CL for a good used one to fix up for when both girls are old enough to have one and are sharing a room.  Something more quality.  Thanks again!
I didn't take Domperidone since it wasn't covered by insurance or available by me.  However, I did take Reglan (I think that's the name).  It was supposed to act the same as far as milk production, but had more chance of side effects.  Regardless, I didn't have any of the bad side effects, but did get the increased milk production.  I had to take it two times.  Each time it was a gradually increasing of dosage, then a plateau, then a weaning off period.  I took it a 2nd...
I've been using pre-folds and covers for a year now on my twins.  Never had a problem.  Now, however, every time the babies pee it smells like ammonia.  It's a lot worse with DD2 and tends to lead to a rash if I don't change her immediately and clean her whole bottom area every change.   Here's my old wash method (HE washer): Pre-rinse poopy diapers in sink Hot wash and cold rinse Detergent (all) and vinegar (in the fabric softener compartment) 2 drying...
First off, remember that you are doing an awesome job!!  You are still right in the thick of it, so make sure to give yourself time.  At 2 months I was still bleeding from the c-section and living minute by minute.  It took DD1 at least 3 months to adjust to the new arrivals in teh family, and she was older.  We did use grandparents and friends to take out DD1 so she could have some special time (just not with mommy) during that adjustment period.  Also, can you wear the...
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in this dilemma.  This is part of the reason we are so glad to have DD1 out of daycare this year so she doesn't see any of the commercials and ask us for amillion things.  It was working great...until...preschool used the Toys 'R Us catalog as cutting practice and had the kids cut out what they want for Christmas.  Arrgghh.  The two things she chose are a talking, musical vanity and a 18" Tangled doll.  I thought, maybe the doll woudl be...
I'm talking about a christmas gift vanity.  ;)  Does anyone have an idea where we can get a relatively inexpensive one without too many gizmos.  It seems the cheaper ones are all plastic and take batteries for music, lights, etc.  We just want a standard one, yet those seem to be over $100.  It's almost cheaper to get an adult vanity that a kids one, yet I don' tthink she'll fit on that one.   TIA!