or Connect

Posts by Julia'sMom

My babies also went thru stages with sleep.  For the first couple months DS was easy to put down, as he could put himself to sleep with DD2 needed to be out before going down.  Then for a while DS needed to be bounced to sleep while DD2 needed to be rocked.  Then DS needed to cry for a minute or two by himself before sleep while DD still needed to be rocked.  Then DS would only go down if nursed down and became rather difficult while DD2 needed only a minute or two of...
I am right there with you. My babes are 11 months and the last month has been sleep hell. Almost makes me wonder if there's somethign about this age.... So, things we have done. We did separate the babies, one in our room and one in the "guest room". There is a bed in each room so when the baby wakes I go in and take them out of the crib and nurse them on the bed. Usually I fall asleep until the other baby wakes and then I replace the first one in teh crib and head...
: : I was also right where you are. At 6 months it started to get easier. They could then sit up and play and we started solids, which slightly lessened the demand for nursing. I did do some mother-led weaning to stretch the feedings to 3 hours around 9 months, for my sanity. I figure, if it keeps me nursing, that's better than going crazy feeding every 2 hours until I want to just shove them away from me. As for the tv, it takes time. 5 months is nothing with...
COngrats! What beautiful names! The work is definately worth it.
Mine were both different sizes, with a di/di pregnancy. DD2 (baby A) was 6lb 5 oz and ds (baby B) was 6lb 11 oz. Not a huge difference there, but it continued to grow such that now at 10 months there is about a 2lb difference betweeen them. I will say that like Llyra, DD2 was more mature and nursed a lot better than her larger brother, DS. They were born because she broke my water. If DS had his way, I think they would have definately been born later.
So, we're already thinking ahead to next year's summer vacation. The last two years we have gone "camping" in Wisconsin for a week. It's been ok, but I'm looking for something different. Basically, my dd, and whole family, is being raised in white, middle-class suburbia. I would really like her, and me, to experience something different. Maybe something like a mission trip, farm life, life in the appalachians, etc. Something unique. The trick is it has to be...
So, we need new convertible seats for the twins (10 months old now). They'll be in the middle row (captain chairs) of our Toyota Sienna. The problem is they can't be too huge when RF. DH has long legs and likes his seat far back, which will hit a large RF childseat. I'd like to keep them RF as long as possible, so a higher weight limit is good. Any suggestions? I checked Consumer Reports but all their top rated ones were either massive or difficult when RF...
For the first 3 months, my babies never got out of their sleepers. I had more than enough on my plate to worry about "dressing" them everyday. So, about 7 sleepers each was plenty with 1 nice outfit for church/showing off. 3-6 months I started dressing them a little. You can get by with only 7 each still. Just use bibs for the constant drooling to save on clothes. Now bibs, I stocked up on those by the boatload.
Dresses. Like, I lived in dresses the last couple of months, and I am NOT a dress person. I also had to stick to slip on shoes. So, it was a bit cold in teh winter, but what can you do. Oh, and make sure the dresses are reasonably long. As teh belly sticks out more, the front of the dress comes up. Tee hee.
I'll just say that the lactation consultants at the hospital actually recommended I drink beer to increase my supply. This was with 1 week old twins. :