or Connect

Posts by Julia'sMom

DS hated tummy time. I admit I didn't do it with him, especially since he learned to roll. DD2 was way ahead of him as far as neck strength adn lifting her chest off the floor. DD2 also sat a couple of weeks before DS. However, DS did beat her to crawling, by 1 day. He is also beating her at "cruising". So, I don't think tummy time, or lack thereof, made much difference.
I got a double due to twins. However, it has come in real handy with my 4-yo. A lot of times I've ended up wearing a baby and pushing her with the other baby. I like it since she drags her feet, so the stroller lets me walk at a more normal (exercise) pace rather than a toddler pace. It also contains her for when I need that. I will say that friends recommended against a sit n stand because the older child could not nap in the stroller. If you think you might use...
DS hated "tummy time". He never really got to hands and knees. Started crawling from the sitting position. DD2 was on hands and knees around 8 months. BOth started to crawl within days of each other at 9 months. DD1 was no hands and knees around 6 months, rocking and "crawling" backwards. She started real crawling at 7 months.
I pumped because I needed to supplement for quite a while. I would nurse, wait 10 minutes, then pump. It was only small amounts, but it did add up over time. I woudl do like Red Pajama with the fridge thing, or I would just leave it sitting out since I would pump again in an hour or so and use the milk before the 8 hour window passed. The easiest thing for me was to make a hands-free pumping bra. I think Red Pajama recommended it ot me. I cut holes in an old bra...
Babies can still move. I was doing exercised to encourage baby A to move just before labor. She moved from complete breech to transverse. I'm convinced that if I had had more time (water broke, game over) she would have made it to vertex. That was at 37w 5d. Check out spinning babies. I know there are some Mom's on here that have delivered breeches vaginally. Good luck!
I love my sienna. However, when it was in the shop we did fit one convertible (radian) and two infant seats in the back of a Toyota Sienna. It was definately doable, but my dh could not drive. When he has a rf behind the drivers seat, he's not able to back his seat up far enough to be comfortable with the pedals.
I agree with Llyra to not do anything that isn't totally essential from this time on. I too hit a wall and found that it really didn't get much worse from that point on, so you may already be there. For indigestion, I did live on tums for the last couple of months. I had to be careful not to exceed the maximum dose. I also found milk and ice cream before bed to be soothing. If nothing works, talk to your care provider as I believe they have a prescription that...
At that age, mine weren't napping either. The only way I could get a decent nap out of them was to lay down with them. I did that until they were 6 months old and it helped all of us remain sane. I'd nurse them both then put one on each side of me in the crook of my arm. The babies would basically be on their side cradled by my arm. If they were cranky (as dd would fall asleep easily while ds would fight) I'd use my hand to bounce them by holding their butt and...
Well, for the first 6 months, I did physically nap with my two for the afternoon nap. I would nurse them, then lay down with one on each side of me in the crook of my arm. Around 6 months, dd2 became easier to put to sleep, so I nurseed, put her in the crib and then laid down with ds. This transitioned to nursing, putting dd2 in crib, laying with ds until he fell asleep and then sneaking away. I can now nurse both, put dd2 in crib, nurse down ds and then put him in...
I was never "unable" to drive, but really didn't feel comfortable. I made it commuting to work until 36 weeks. By that time I was really uncomfortable, more due to my spaciness and unability to really check my blind spot than my belly. However, this was with a minivan. I was unable to drive my civic (sold for the van) around 30 weeks and unable to drive dh's car (camry) around 34 weeks. Of course, I have short legs so that was an issue.