or Connect

Posts by Julia'sMom

Just a wild out there idea. Perhaps try putting them down earlier. I read that there is a golden period between 7 and 8 when babies will fall asleep easiest. This works great for our twins. They still get up several times a night (8 mo old now), but at least they fall back asleep pretty quick after eating. With DD1 we used to not start bedtime until around 8:30 or 9:00. She was horrible to get to sleep and I do believe she was constantly sleep deprived since we all...
I'm glad things are ok and going well. I just want to chime in to conur that a twin pregnancy is not the same as a singleton. I had to slow down a lot soon than expected and I had to slow wwwaaaayyyy down. The cramping started wasy before 20 weeks and was directly related to my actions. The house looked like crap, we only got the minimal preparation completed for the babies, I cut work to the minimum they'd allow without firing me and we shipped off older dd to play...
I have to agree that twins with a toddler is much more challenging that I ever imagined. The babies are easy compared to the toddler since meeting their physical needs typically meets all their needs. The toddler is another story. So...if there's anyway you can learn to tandem, do it. Do you have a nursing pillow? When they were newborns I could lay both of them on there and then spend the entire nursing session going back and forth between latching one and then...
I'm not sure where you are located, but in our urban area I also take full advantage of stores. Menards has a full indoor playground set up with play houses and such. They use it for display purposes but it's great on bad weather days to take dd to. We also go to the mall for their indoor play area. Basically, it's completely fenced in so I can sit by the opening and just not let them escape. They also have fountains and such to amuse them with in the stroller. I'd...
1) How do you transfer your twins from the car to, say, a shopping cart when they're too big for the bucket seats, but not big enough to walk? I'm sick and tired of the buckets and know we weren't using them for dd1 at this age. However, I'm still stymied as to how to get the kids from the car into the store in order to use their shopping carts. None of my carriers are quick or easy to use and the kids are getting too squirmy and heavy for me to carry together anymore. ...
I didn't until 6 months due to feeding issues. However...as far as church is concerned, I did nurse exclusively. I'd get dh or another church lady to hold one as I nursed the other. Then we'd switch. I still nurse them at church almost every week. I did find with twins that they need to eat almost every 2 hours, which makes any chance of getting out very difficult, at best. If you can mentally take being with the babies for the entire year to meet their feeding...
If you can afford it, I'd go with a triplet stroller. Even with my 4yo, she still likes to ride which leaves me wearing one baby while walking. It's just hard to help out the other two while wearing one and it gets awfully hot during the summer.
I also shopped consigment stores. Dresses were about all I could wear for a while at the end. They just kept getting shorter as my stomach expanded and pulled the dress up. At home I would just show the belly between my maternity shirt and maternity pants, that didn't meet in the middle. As far as shoes, whatever could just slip on. There was no way I could put on socks or tie or buckle. My dh even had to help me with underwear by the end.
Congrats! I didn't even realize you, or dw were expecting again. Girls are so much fun!
One other thing with recovery. The initial recovery was fine and my scar healed excellently. However, it did take me a lot longer to heal from the twin birth than the singleton. I was bleeding for a full 8-10 weeks and every time I'd try and do it alone, the bleeding got heaver. So, I did need help for a while just because my body was not up to doing what my mind wanted to do. Not horrible, but a surprise for me.