or Connect

Posts by Julia'sMom

Well, fyi, DD1 was hospital birth that ended in c-section (and probably shouldn't have). So, with the twins I was attempting a vbac. I switched to a midwife group, headed by an ob. They were extremely supportive of a vbac and really didn't say anything against it. However, baby A (dd2) had different plans. She flipped positions my entire pregnancy. I had an appointment (37w 5d) the morning before I went into labor and the u/s showed her in complete breech position...
Another vote for EZ-2-nurse pillow! I also used "equipment" a lot more with the twins. We ended up with 2 bouncy seats, 2 swings and now 3 exersaucers. Of course, we have more than one level in the house. We also use our pack'n'play all the time with the twins for napping and keeping safe while we go potty. A pump was essential for me as the babes had trouble nursing. However, if you just do the research now, you can hold off on the purchase until the babes come and...
DD1 born at 39w 5d was 7lb 11 oz DD2 (twin A) born at 37w 5d was 6lb 5 oz DS1 (twin B) born at 37w 5d was 6 lb 11 oz My water broke for the twins, but had a c-section due to positioning. DS spent 5 days in the NICU as he refused to eat. However, he is now the bigger nurser and is quickly distancing himself in weight from his sister.
I've just got a sec. Is there a multiples group in your area? Yeah, you might disagree with a lot of what they practice/preach, but they can be fabulous for helping out. Even if it just gets you a ton of meals, that would be a huge help for the early days. Check it out as a lot of them do have a new twin mother plan.
Quote: Originally Posted by butterflies I've been out of town for a few days and just getting to all the responses now. It's so helpful to hear everyone's experiences-- please keep them coming! If any of you were WOH while pregnant, when did you need to make modifications to your work schedule? I was WOH part-time when pregnant. My midwife recommended starting to slow down around 20 weeks. I kept up my 24 hour a week schedule a bit...
Yeah, I never had that overwhelming joy either. A lot of it was from dealing with a pregnancy after a loss. Early on, I was terrified of losing the babies. When that fear started to dwindle, then I became terrified of the prospect of twins. We actually never officially announced the pregnancy since I had such a hard time generating the "expected joy". I love my babies like crazy, but it wasn't the blissful pregnancy I would have liked.
Quote: Originally Posted by turnquia My DS who is 2 was a horrid baby. Seriously cried for about 12-18 hours a day (no joke) for a YEAR. Nothing we did helped this kid and he had several visits to the ER by the ped to run tests to make sure he didn't have something going on. If I end up with two like that I'm not sure we'll survive... we barely made it with him. There was numerous occasions the thought of giving him away sounded amazing. And had been...
Congratulations!!! I am sssssoooooo very happy for you and your dh. Enjoy that beautiful son and congrats on the great birth! You did it!!!
It's incredibly hard, but still a ton easier than I expected. It's totally worth every crying, exhausted moment. Life has changed, but with your sense of humor, you can see the precious joy and love that the little ones bring to your life. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie Thanks, mamas! We have a queen-sized bed with a crib sidecarred. I suspect that our three-year-old, although he starts out in his big guy bed, will continue to wander into bed with us halfway through the night. This was the struggle for us. It's not safe for dd to sleep next to the twins. She loves them so much that when they cry, she throws her arm over them, even when she's sleeping. However,...