or Connect

Posts by Julia'sMom

I completely understand what you mean. There is just so much more crying with two, and an older. I too disconnect some to survive and am struggling with not disconnecting too much, but still maintaining sanity and an intact complete family. I'll be lurkign along for suggestions. . .
twin A was still moving around the day I went into labour, at 37 weeks and 5 days. She was complete breech (indian style butt down) at my am appointment. By the time my water broke she had moved to complete transverse. I'm convinced that if I had had a little more time she would have completed the rotation to vertex. So...they can move until the end, even in labor (just not after water breaks). You can also look into the spinning babies techniques. I was doing...
Thanks for the replies! I have some things to experiment with now. I may want to get a MaiTai it seems like. I have tried outings like this and their not disasters if I keep it to an hour maximum. It only works because I can hold ds (the fussy one) while dd2 stays in the stroller. She'll only stay since she's addicted to the pacifier (which ds refuses) and will keep somewhat happy as long as I keep her plugged. : I agree with getting settled in the wraps and then...
I can do the basics, meaning I've adjusted to shopping, dr & dentist appointments, errands and such with all the kids in tow. What I'm having trouble with is fun outings. The twins are at that stage (5.5 mo) where they can't yet sit or crawl, yet they don't like the stroller and just want to be held all the time. So, I haven't figured out how to get thru a park, mall, splash park, library, etc. visit without someone breaking down. DD1 (almost 4 yo) is still very...
Congrats on getting it to work, HerdingKittens! I was just going to say that we did the same thing with DD1. I nightweaned her by saying the nursies were sleeping until Daddy's music played (alarm went off). It took less than a week for her to learn and we did continue to co=sleep. I haven't gotten that far with teh twins (their only 6mo now).
Congratulations!!
Yes...I fantasize about it (and mine are only 5 months old!) However, in reality, it would probably be a horrible thing for our family. It would likely lead to a divorce and would definately take a lot away from the kids I have. While I love children, dh is not the same and is usually at work the entire time the kids are awake. I'm just tired and it would probably put me over the edge. However, I do still fantasize. . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by Novella Move the goalpost as necessary!Enough dishes to eat next meal on = not disaster. "Crunchy" floor that could use a sweep and a wash (but doesn't have dust bunnies) = not disaster. Clean clothing for people to wear, even it wasn't your first-choice outfit = not disaster. My house is very, very cluttered all the time. But it's not filthy. This is me too. However, it worries me that we're soon entering the...
Mine are the same age. DS went thru this same thing just last week. Previously, they were great about drifting off by themselves, then all of a suddern all he wanted was to nurse. Since we were visitng friends, I gave in and just co-slept with him and nursed all night long. Just as Dividedsky said, a tooth popped thru in the next couple of days. I do hope that's all it is for you. SOrry it's both at once for you. I will say that sometimes I do have to change my...
My midwives recommended them every week after 37 weeks. I actually went into labor later on after the first appointment I went thru one. I had an u/s whenever they weren't completely 100% confident that the doppler picked up two distinct heartbeats.