or Connect

Posts by Julia'sMom

For the first 5 months, I either carried both car seats (build those muscles) or else put both babies together in a single stroller. Of course, this was the winter, so we really didn't do any walks. Now I have a duoglider, and yes, it is a tank. However, it fits two car seats and when they get older it has two snack trays and two canopies. Thus, I'll put up with it. I was given a side-by-side and found it just too wide to navigate on sidewalks very well. I was also...
THanks for all the replies! I think we're going to play it by ear. Getting another crib is not a problem, it's more a space issue and I like the idea of keeping them together. We do strategically place them at night and it seems to help them not wake each other. I've noticed that the other twin doesn't really wake up when one cries, unless it's near their usual feeding time. So...we'll see how it goes as they get more mobile. I may be revisiting this thread again.
The double stroller has really helped me with my twins. I am also new at cloth diapering (didn't do it with my singleton). Check out www.diaperswappers.com if you want to get a bunch of different brand covers for cheap. Then you can invest more in the next size when you know what you like. We do prefolds and covers, but have a few pockets in the diaper bag for outings. We needed more "stuff' than I expected. I use two bouncy seats (in the bathroom) in order to...
Congratulations to both CRM and Jen! Such big healthy babes. It makes me want to cry. Poet, I'm still waiting for your announcement. See you on the other side soon.
Ok, wise mamas. Co-sleeping was a huge challenge for us, so we ended up putting the babies together in a crib. I never wanted to buy another crib, but is that feasible? How long did your babies share a crib? Did it seem to cause more wakings? Currently, they are 5 months adn just starting to scoot around and run into each other. They wake about every 2 hours to nurse. Sometimes the crying wakes the other, but usually not, unless it's time to nurse. So...can I...
Congrats on making it so far! I would vote to keep 'em in as long as possible. Even though I carried until 37 weeks 5 days, ds still was not ready to be born. We had a short nicu stay and it took over a month for him to nurse effectively. The closer you can get to 40, the better. Good luck!!
Some things... What positions do they require for a vaginal birth? Many require twin A to be vertex, but some require both to be vertex. How long will they allow you to carry? Can you go to 42 weeks? What do they consider term for twins? Is bedrest often prescribed? What do they recommend for diet and exercise? Is an epidural required for delivery? Is delivery in the or required? You know the answers to a lot of these questions, but it's always good...
Quote: Originally Posted by Llyra Once mine could sit up, though, our favorite tandem position was sitting up, one on each knee, riding my thigh like a saddle. Like this: (scroll down to the saddle hold, and use your imagination to insert the other baby ) http://www.momzelle.com/blog/nursing...s-worth-a-try/ Thanks! That looks like a very feasible position. I just need to improve my posture, otherwise the babes are already too tall....
I tandem nurse at least 90% of the time. Partly because the babies seem to need to nurse every 1 1/2 hours and I need to have time for dd1 sometime. I am lucky enough to enjoy tandeming. It may not be the same bonding, beautiful experience I had with my singleton, but it's working. However, I need to learn to tandem without the EZ-2 nurse pillow. I'm dreaming of getting out of the house without dragging it along. So, oh wise ones, what positions work? I've tried a...
CRM - Wondering where you are?? Hopefully babymooning. .. Poet - I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's father. However, I"m glad you've thorougly enjoyed this pregnancy and hope you get the awesome birth you want. You definately deserve it.