or Connect

Posts by Mahre

Okay, let me explain more. I know you moms know this. Your just holding out! I have Natures Way Primadophilus Childrens. Does this make it past the stomach acid? When during the day do I give it for it to be most effective. Thank you I want to do this right.
Few quick questions. What are your favorite brands of probiotics? What is the best time of day to give a probiotic?
I am so excited to find this forum!!! I have spent many hours reading the special needs forum on MDC, but just found this one! Yippee!! Praise the Lord! I need so much advice, guidance, and help!! My DS has several challenges... He is 48 months old. -Apraxia / dyspraxia -Complete speech regression at 20-22 months. Silent accept crying and eEEEE for about 6-9 months. Slowly speech has returned. -Sensory Processing Disorder -Low Muscle Tone -Benign Rolandic...
I know exactly what you are talking about. My DS does this regression/disequilibrium thing whenever he has a growth spurt. His worst was at about 20 months when he stopped talking for 9 month and them some sounds came back. He is 3 1/2 and language has been a long road. If he is doing working on learning something know all the other areas lag behind for awhile. Like if he has a large speech improvement than his motor skills, ect fall behind what they had been. ...
The Ped NeuroDev said it is time to start potty training, but I don't think he is ready. He has apraxia, low tone, epilepsy, ect and I just don't think he can. He tries sometimes, but it has been a long time since he has been sucessful in peeing in the potty. I am scared to try and him experience failure. What age should I try? Any tips? He will be 4 in February.
DS had some muscle spasms in his back on Sunday. The PT yesterday did some stretching and massage on it and left a bruise. He is a great PT, but I feel so bad for DS. The PT said the tightness is because DS "locks" in order to move because of his low muscle tone. Any suggestions on creams, ect I can put on his back to relax the muscles. We have never dealt with back pain in him before. His back is tight but the PT didn't say I needed to put anything on it when it hurts,...
My brother is challenged with Aspergers Syndrome. My mom homeschooled him one or two years. He learned a lot better at home because he didn't have to deal with the social stressors and the very mean kids, but he needed more help that my mom could give him. He loved it, but it was not the best for him. Even though the social was and still is very very challenging for him at school he has to learn how to deal with it and no how to act in a people setting. Mom decided...
There are tons of resources! The first place I went was the Kaufman Center in West Bloomfield, MI. Families travel from all over the world to go there! Also there are tons of resources! It is definitely a challenge, but there are resources to help. She should join a yahoo group about apraxia! http://groups.yahoo.com/phrase/verbal-apraxia http://groups.yahoo.com/phrase/verbal-apraxia I hope this helps. There are several moms whose children have...
My DS will be 4 in Feb. and is not counting at all. He understands that numbers represent a quantity. He repeats "one is none" and "eight, nine" over and over to count. He understands that one is a low quantity and 9 is a high quantity. Every one tells me it is to early for him to be counting, he is to young, but I don't think that is the case. He is developmentally delayed, but I didn't think he was cognitively delayed. He seems very smart. What is the average...
Thank you for the great reviews. I bought one off ebay. We are having to stop the private OT and I am looking for things to help supplement what he was getting there. Thank you!