or Connect

Posts by katheek77

Peaches and bell peppers were on sale here for 99c/lb, and grapes for 89c/lb. Today, I bought 9lbs each of peaches and black seedless grapes, and 5lbs of peppers. The peppers are sliced and in the freezer. I rarely buy bell peppers because they tend to be really expensive around here, but I love them for things like pasta sauce and fajitas/Mexican dishes. The grapes are being processed in light syrup (I got six quarts, exactly), and the peaches are waiting for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by velochic If you do get ill from this I hope it's mild enough that you can work from bed. My office mate's sister (and it sounds like Jyosnya here, as well) was so out of it for a few weeks just getting up and going to the bathroom was difficult. I've heard too many people saying "I recovered, but felt like I was at death's door for a while" to think that this will not disrupt work and income. I. that: My...
My husband walked out on us in May. I've been trying to be very conscientious of food and waste and all of that. So, I've been trying new recipes to use up stuff we might not normally eat/make the most of everything. Luckily, I have a pretty much fully stocked pantry, so, I can wait for sales before I have to go buy stuff, and our CSA was paid through for the season. I finally found a way to use up fennel - it's nothing traditional, at all. It's sauteed fennel,...
In our area (Pittsburgh), Arby's has free food every Wednesday. The free item changes each week, and you have to buy a drink (generally). I don't know if it's national or regional. I've never gone, since I dont like their food, but, someone else might.
I'm doing the bedroom. I regularly declutter, so, it's mostly maintenance. However, last night I pulled out my craft stuff to finish DD's birthday dress, so, that's kind of spurred me into a maintanance/organization spree in there. I'm almost done, and have found some stuff to get rid of that got shoved into a bin last time . Freeing up the bin to store winter blankets/bedclothes. Which freed up behind the bed, which is where I'm now storing toys/clothes for Katie...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuamami So if the mom gave you instructions to let the LO CIO, would you? This mom did give me those instructions. My last sentence in the post you quoted by me states "If I didn't like that, I'd find another employer". That's my stance. If I could not follow the parent's instructions, I would not be employed by them. Simple as that.
Oooh. that rhubarb cake DOES sound good. I wonder if I'll get any in our CSA next week (none this week). I'm making non-alcoholic mulberry cordial. I'm thinking it will be a good summer drink mixed 1:2 with some carbonated water, and a nice occasional treat for DD.
I would have been livid. I will let my daughter (almost 3) pick out her entire lunch sometimes. If we're going on a picnic/adventure, I do put in stuff she might not normally have. Normally, we eat very healthfully - her favorite snack is fresh fruit, and she gets about 4oz of juice (to which I add water) about twice a week. Most of the time, she drinks plain water, or water with a squirt of lemon. But, if we're going out and need to pack a lunch? Yep. I will...
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride I get that. It would drive me crazy, too. However, that's not what I've experienced at all. If one of my kids doesn't eat something that they normally eat, it's a pretty safe bet that they're coming down with something. I don't believe I've ever had one of them turn something down, just because they "didn't feel like" eating it, except in a couple of cases where I already strongly suspected that particular child was...
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride I've never had one of my kids - not even dd - refuse to eat if they were hungry and there was food they liked on the table. However, I also don't think that everyone in the family should be limited to only the things that everyone likes. There are five of us, and we all have different tastes. If I tried to make sure I included foods that everyone liked, meal planning would be almost impossible, and we'd all be bored...