or Connect

Posts by katheek77

36 - Katherine. Although people always assume it's Kaitlyn...which is actually LESS popular, but, ok. LOL.
Forum crashing, but, I just saw this in new posts, and I couldn't not respond. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Many, many good wishes for you and your little girl.
Quote: Originally Posted by Green Eyes I like Lands' End (they are a mail order web/catalog company) and in their huge overstocks section, you can get basics for up to 70% off. Their clothes are mostly natural fabrics, and if you see something you love that is full-price, it will go into overstocks within a couple months and you can get it on sale then! I've been shopping LE for basics for almost 20 years, their quality went down a few years ago but it...
Quote: Originally Posted by baileyann3 Subbing Buy next winter clothes when they go on sale in the spring I do this with ALL seasons, especially things like lightweight long sleeve shirts or lightweight pants where they will easily be three season clothing, so, it doesn't matter if she doesn't *quite* grow into them by the time the "correct" season rolls around. More tips: Eat seasonally. Plan expensive treats (such as cheesecake,...
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is to check what sort of rewards your bank/credit cards give. We went on vacation this year, and a couple months ahead of time, I found out what chain restaurants were in the city we were visiting, and "cashed in" our points rewards for gift cards to those restaurants. We ate out every night, and most nights, we ended up only paying a few dollars out of pocket (and brought the leftovers back to the hotel for the next day). We did a...
Yes. I have a 2.5 year old. A lot of times, those servings are just the perfect size for her. For example, I made sloppy joe on homemade bagel this weekend, and there were about 2 T of sloppy joe meat left. Not enough for a "grown up sandwich" but perfect for a "main course" for DD. The only thing that doesn't generally get saved is oatmeal. There is just something about oatmeal that's been saved and reheated that is nasty. But, at least it's cheap. (I'll give it...
Yes, although it would mean cutting out some luxuries. We currently save approx. 40% of our income.
We've had some great vacations/day trips that didn't involve a ton of money, or well-known tourist attractions. I'll give a couple below, but, I want to know, what are yours? What places have you discovered that you didn't really expect to be "that great"? Places you went to thinking you'd blow an hour or two, and spent the whole day and were reluctant to leave? Or places you had to go to for business or to visit family or an out of town wedding, or whatever, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by mar123 Our local station does a series called "One tank trips". They profile places you can visit on one tank of gas. Now that gas is lower than last year, it can be pretty cheap,LOL. Most of the these places have lots of free things to do and see. I also love that it keeps it within the state economy. Not to mention educational for my kids. Our Sunday paper does something similar. In the travel section, they always...
Quote: Originally Posted by dhinderliter dh is being deployed things aren't good for us as a couple anymore as we're getting divorced but we had just started to work on being friends and co parents instead of lovers and now thats getting messed up. he has training in georgia april 5-21 then deploys april 28. we just found out yesterday so in 2 weeks i become a real single mom with no help, no family, no one. basically he'll be gone for almost 6 months....