or Connect

Posts by katheek77

Quote: Originally Posted by Theoretica Anything new and wonderful in the Amazon grocery jungle? They tend to change monthly, as far as I've noticed.
DD will be an only. People used to tell me all. the. time. "Oh, you'll change your mind when she's six months/one year/two years/potty-trained/etc." Hasn't happened. I've also heard "Nobody regrets having another child". I actually *personally* know two people who have voiced that regret to me - that they love Baby, but they really should have stopped at X number of children (by the way, the babies are preschoolers, so, I don't think it's a situation where it's PPD or...
I don't set limits on my 2.5 yr old right now. She spends hours a day playing with the girl I nanny for, as well as playing by herself. Now that the weather is nicer (50s or higher) we are outside every day that it's not raining - sometime for half an hour, sometimes for four hours, depending on temperature. I used to limit tv, but then it became like an obsession for her, and the few occassions she had access (gram's, vacation, if I were sick or very busy with...
Hey! The zoo is offering free admission on Saturday to kids 12 and under. The Children's museum has free admission all day Friday. National Aviary has free admission all day Friday, as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Amys1st Get my soymilk, yogurt in the tubs, granola cereal my DH loves that we have tried to duplicate but not happening yet (the last non frugal thorn in my side) sometimes wine and power bars to have on hand in the car or just in general. . I LOL'd when I read that. I know what you meant, but, it still made me giggle. That Chicago traffic must be brutal
For those of you who use them, even if you don't typically carry a balance from month to month, companies are now slashing limits to *below* what your current balance may be. And it's all legal. "The practice of cutting credit lines below the balance is legal...Federal Reserve rules requiring lenders to give cardholders 45 days notice before reducing a credit line to the point that it would trigger penalties won't go into effect until July 2010." More...
I soak my beans by boiling for 2 minutes, then letting them sit overnight. Then they only need to cook for about an hour more.
There was an article recently on this on Yahoo News....I thought it was kind of funny, though, because I don't consider myself an "extreme" frugalist, but I did about 80% of the "extreme" things they mentioned...like using vinegar and baking soda to clean, saving leftovers, using coupons, shopping at thrift stores, etc. I was like..."huh. that's extreme frugality, eh?" I consider extreme frugality to be the people who take 2-ply tp and make it 1-ply. And I'm sure...
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie I was thinking more of Target (which actually isn't a grocery store, so ignore me, ) There was a combo of cheap Easter basket junk (beyond the Dollar Spot, this was back with the food) and really expensive fancy stuff that was supposed to look "exotic". Really, it was just business as usual, which is what surprised me. I didn't mean to sound like I was judging it. I just thought things would be more dire, given all...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hey Mama! Can I just say, I work for a school and get paid much less then some of these babysitters are paid. It is a shocker! Maybe I'm in the wrong business. I make just about the same per hour as a nanny than I did as an elementary school teacher assuming 8.5 hour day - and, yes, it was an 8.5 hour day...I was almost ALWAYS there an hour+ before I had to be there to prep, do grading, etc. (whereas others...