or Connect

Posts by granolagina

We live about 30 minutes east of Greencastle. The cost of living is great around here. I am constantly amazed at how much people pay for homes around the country. (Yes, I am addicted to House Hunters on HGTV) We have a 3200 sq foot home built in 2000 with a big yard and our house payment is only $700 a month (taxes and insurance not included). Unfortunately, it is very conservative for the most part. Greencastle might be different due to the college there. I am the...
We are studying world geography this year so I bought the talking Geosafari globe from Rainbow Resource for about $75 (I think-. We haven't used it yet but it looks really fun and I have always been happy with Geosafari products.
We are using Winter Promise right now. (American Story 2) We have also done AS 1 and their animal program. I really like their curriculum. It is fun and interesting. I like most of the books. It is expensive though. Hideaways in History looks so fun. My kids have always enjoyed history. We have also studied ancient history with Sonlight. The public schools around here don't even start teaching history until 4th grade. My son (finishing 3rd grade) tells me history is is...
I noticed that my state has not been mentioned yet. Indiana is so easy. All I do is keep an attendance sheet so I can show we do 180 days per year. That is all. I don't even have to turn in the sheet. They don't tell you how long a day is either. You are not required to register as a homeschooler. You are considered a private school.
HMMM, I guess I should have searched before I posted here because I found a promising website about the symbols of Christmas: http://www.easyfunschool.com/Blessed.pdf
Looking for any websites, books, ideas for teaching a mini unit study about Christmas. Both secular and Christian ideas welcome!
I found this website with a listing of stores which sell toys made in the US: http://www.boycottmadeinchina.org/en...tive_shopping/
The website we used for spelling practice last year has started charging a monthly fee to use (spellingtime.com) so I thought I would ask all of you if you know of any FREE websites with spelling games. One website I love for beginner readers is literactive.com. You have to register but it is free and the games are excellent!
I am really looking for toys not made in China but here in the states or fair trade things . My youngest will be 3 in November and I am thinking ahead for birthday and Christmas. I am also looking for gifts for a 9 yr old and 7 yr old.
I am really looking for toys not made in China but here in the states or fair trade things . My youngest will be 3 in November and I am thinking ahead for birthday and Christmas.