or Connect

Posts by granolagina

Hi all. My 3rd child has been stumping me lately with this potty thing. Around May, he wanted to use the potty so I bought underwear and he did very well. I was even taking him out in public without diapers and he rarely had an accident. He was 2 1/2 at the time. About 1 1/2 months later, he decides he would rather pee/poop on the floor or in his undies. Today, I asked him if he wanted to wear a diaper or underwear, he chose the undies, and proceeded to pee in them...
We love: Boxcar Children Magic School Bus series The Magic Tree House series James and the Giant Peach (reading it again today!) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Stuart Little Charlotte's Web My Father's Dragon series (very cute-will be rereading it soon) Little House series Mr. Popper's Penguins Ereth's Birthday (author has a whole series about animals in a forest)
I have lost all patience with my 6 and 8 yr old kids. All day long (we homeschool) they fight, argue, tease, and otherwise disrupt my house. The hitting is really a problem. I am all for letting older kids work out there own problems but I cannot let my dd get hurt. (DS is quite a bit bigger and stronger). DD has a problem with being a tattle tale too. I have tried- taking away privileges: game boy, tv, computer. Sending them to their rooms or otherwise separating...
Meets the first Friday of every month at Clarian West in Avon. Meeting starts at 10:00 am in the Garden Classroom (basement). Pregnant women, mamas, babies, and children of all ages welcome! My homeschooled children always come.
We have the ones from Walmart too and I love them. They are huge and I like the lamination. Sometimes you can get them at Sam's club too.
My oldest 2 are lefties and I am not. I didn't do anything differently when I taught them how to print. We will be doing cursive later this year and we will use HWT. I don't know if I will have to modify anything yet??
Just finished this book by Ami McKay. I really liked it and I don't normally read stuff like this . It is set during World War 1 in Nova Scotia. It tells the story of a midwife and a young girl who is her apprentice. Very touching and interesting if you like that kind of thing. There is an OB doctor in a neighboring village who trys to talk all the ladies into coming to his hospital instead of having homebirths. I had 2 kids at home and it was kind of sad to think about...
How about making your own tapes? I was just thinking about doing this, not for science books, but for my toddler. I can only read "We're Going on a Bear Hunt" so much before I go crazy:
When I need something fast but not junk, my 2 yr old will eat a health food store waffle-just toasted, no syrup. I would put peanut butter on it but he doesn't really like it. Or I will give him a small container of dry cereal-again a health store brand-no milk, he gets enough of that with nursing I also like to make extras and freeze: pancakes, muffins, and quick bread mainly
Thanks for the website. I am sending away for the free map today. We loved reading Mr. Popper's Penguins last year!