or Connect

Posts by granolagina

balancing moon is fun (not a board game though) http://www.hearthsong.com/hearthsong...bc=1005&pgc=73
My children are 7, 5, and 14 months. We are doing Sonlight, Learning Language Arts Through Literature, and Singapore Math. My 5 yo just listens in and has some workbooks she likes to do. She doesn't officially start K until later this year. I was just wondering how long you spend teaching each day. We can get our literature, math, geography, science, and language arts done in 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Sometimes it does take longer though. DS will also spend 30 min to 1 hour...
We are close to finishing Sonlight K with my 7 yo boy and 5 yo girl. I like that all the planning is done for me and all the books are included. We love books so all the reading we do is fun. Things I dislike about it: There is not enough to do in Science which is our favorite subject. We would like more experiments (we do our own) and more books (we add from the library). I would like more hands-on activities for History. I add what I can but it is hard to do...
Does anyone have a good book about world festivals and celebrations? Maybe something broken up individually by each month and including crafts? My children are nearly 7, 5, and 1. Thanks!
My mom was asking about my son who has a birthday coming up. I just can't think of anything for him! He isn't the kind of kid who really asks for anything. Just wondering what you all are buying for your boys.......
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=granolagina
My oldest is a really good reader. He usually always reads books that are 2nd or 3rd grade or beyond. His writing skills are pretty average-he is starting 1st grade next month. I am looking for a language arts program or book. If I use a curriculum designed for a 1st grader, the reading parts are too easy for him/not challenging. Should I just go with a grammar book only? Or a spelling book? What should a 1st grader be learning in Language Arts anyway? :LOL Maybe he...
I subscribe to HEM also and really like the articles. I always find great ideas and book recommendations in every issue.
Have you seen Blokus? We love it! We also love Cadoo and Last Word. Just bought Pictionary Jr. and Outburst Jr. but don't have them yet.
Well I ordered a fleece pouch but I haven't gotten it yet. I did receive my Sachi MT and I love it even more than the Ellaroo MT. Thanks for all the advice. I am going to look into a fanned shoulder ring sling. Can't have too many baby carriers right? :LOL