or Connect

Posts by twinmomplusone

My OB takes out her multiples patients at 28wks. I wasnt working but she advised me to start "taking it easy" around that time. At 28wks I was pooped. I was 29wks when my husband had his birthday. I had paid for him to swim with the sharks at the local aquarium and I ended up using a wheelchair to walk around the aquarium. I just couldnt stand and walk for long periods of time. I felt a whole lot different than I did with my son, I worked on my feet till he was born.
I would tell them that the first few weeks home with my girls were the best and worst weeks of my life. You could not pay me a million dollars to go back to the when they were newborns. Of course I had NO help from family or from my husband and still had my 5yr old son to tend to as well. I am soooooo glad I am past those first three months.....
I got lucky that my girls looked NOTHING alike, even at birth....
Oh gosh I remember those first few weeks being the best and worst weeks of my life. Everybody gave great advice, especially sleeping with one. During those first two weeks my husband and I would each sleep on the couch each with a baby on our chest. Swaddling also helped a lot as my one twin liked to be swaddled really tight. Hang in there, I promise it gets better....
Quote: Originally Posted by father_knows_best As a SAHD i have learned to read the packaging on the diapers..the box states good from 14-20 pounds so i leave em on even if they never hold more than three pounds. That way i only use a few a day....lol..just kidding ladies..no seriouisly i was kidding. LOL .....
My OB doesnt do them for moms of multiples unless she feels they are absolutely necessary. I didnt have any during my whole pregnancy.
Quote: Originally Posted by mumm Wow! I want to know how they have only 20 diaper changes a day!: I only have two in diapers and I change more diapers than that daily. She has to have 4, if not 6, in diapers. Gotta be one organized, or really laid back, mom. (or both!) really? you change that many diapers in a day? my girls are 7mos and I change them once every 3 hrs during the day unless they have a BM then i change them right...
This woman has had 3 sets of twins in 3yrs...2005, 2006, and just last week...plus she has 4 older kids....wow! http://www.nbc10.com/newsarchive/13699920/detail.html
I was like that up until I delivered. I slept with a body pillow between my legs, a pillow under my belly, one behind my back and then two under my head.....
I put my girls on a schedule but not until 3mos old. Up until that point I fed them on demand. I still do...i am reallly flexible with their schedule....Yea I did lose my mind but they are my babies and it was worth it.