or Connect

Posts by robinchap1

Hi Zeta! I remember you too! Thank you-- it's nice to be remembered! :)   How are things?
3 is a HARD age. And yes, I often feel like I need a break.    X does see DS pretty regularly but not a lot of overnights and mostly while I am at work.  Good for me that he gets visitation while I work and therefore can make some money without childcare cost and without losing extra time with DS. But it leaves me with no 'me time'.  This weekend I ended up with 24 hours of me time!!! Almost unheard of.  I hadn't had ANY in over a month and leading up to this weekend...
Hi there. I used to frequent the Single Parenting forum frequently a few years ago. And have popped on sporadically in the last few years, but not in quite a while now. I am home, feeling sad and a bit alone and it suddenly occurred to me that I should come back here-- and connect with single mamas like me. Just today I ended a relationship with a man I had been dating since January. It was the right thing to do. He is just 'unavailable' in the ways that I need.  I...
I just wanted to send a hug and some support.  One day at at time.  You just have to get through today. And you're doing it. Do you have good friends/family nearby? Hugs.
This sounds hard, I'm so sorry.  It sounds like you have a great plan. I definitely would get a letter from the ped. I did for that exact reason and it helped me. I think the gradual plan is an excellent idea.  And the documentation you have about the gf is good (and disturbing... I really hope they consider this). Of course, above all, make sure you trust your lawyer and then really listent to his/her advice because they will know best what your court system is most...
I haven't been on in a long time.  But I did a bunch of catching up on the dating thread last month and I just caught up on this month and I think I'd like to join in now. 1st of all, Devaya... I can SO relate to a lot of what I just read about your relationship with LCG.  I have been in a similar place, over a much longer period of time.  I am SO impressed at how you handled it.  It sounds like you were open and honest about your feelings, your needs, your desires.  I...
I just wanted to send you a hug-- this is so hard.  My ex was living with his gf (now wife) for months before he told me.  My son was an infant so I never had to talk to him about it and by the time he was old enough, they were married and it's just how DS has always known things.  It would have been SO much harder than it already was if I had to answer questions about her... It was hard enough knowing she was around my baby.   I think you've gotten good advice...
Do you feel comfortable/safe having him come to your place?  Either have someone stay with DD from like 9-11pm while you go out to dinner and then have him come back wtih you and warn him that you might be interrupted?  Or just have him come over after DD is asleep and have some wine/appetizers, movie, whatever...  I have been doing this a good bit with a man I am dating right now.  He IS a single Dad (just has more time off than I do), so he totally understands and it's...
Just wanted to say hello for now.  I haven't logged into this forum for a long time.  I've missed you! And lots of new names.  I spent today little by little reading through the whole dating thread when I had a few free moments here and there today.  It's nice to hear other's thoughts, stories, experiences, advice...  Several things really resonated with me.  I may come back and post my own situation soon.  I'm pretty tired tonight.  But it's nice to bounce things off of...
Hello.  I apologize that I haven't been on in a while, and am hoping that I can get some advice here anyway.  Thank you!   My son is 4, and it is just him and I at my house.  His father and I were separated when I was pregnant and he is now remarried with 2 young children and his wife is due with their 3rd in January.   Every year my ex and I argue about the flu shot.  I am not asking for advice about the vaccine itself, or I would have posted in the vaccine...