or Connect

Posts by Tuesday

I have confused thoughts on this issue!   I was vegan for about 18 years. During that time, I suffered a lot of health issues including development of a dramatic autoimmune condition.  I have friends who have only recently turned vegan and consider it an answer to all health issues - it was not, so, for me. I think there's an idea that people can completely control "bad" health issues and by eating vegetarian, vegan, raw, etc - it will control and prevent all negative...
"Rather than a wanderer, I'm a firmly rooted eccentric!" FarmerBeth I like your thinking!     I was raised in a secular household, but, always myself aware of something divine - be it my inner self or something higher, one can debate.  I've read and studied so many religions.   I converted to Catholicism!  That was in a desperate attempt to "fix" my immediate family's issues and appease my catholic in-laws.  Not a good move on my part. I love the mass but not in...
I try to do kundalini yoga and meditation every day.  I've been crazy busy this past week and neglected it (unusual for me) but will start again today. Even a few minutes of meditation is better than nothing!  I love the dvds of Ravi Singh & Ana Brett.
I've two children, one of whom is explosive, high needs. He's now 8.5 years old.   Despite the issues that arise within our household. we're interested in foster parenting a young (5 years and under).   I actually did this sort of work before I had children so I'm a bit familiar with the process.    I actually had ruled out ever foster parenting until my older son was grown ... I have felt having a biological child with issues would be a deterrent for any right minded...
I found the abduction and murder upsetting as well. I skipped it as best i could. The only reason I actually finished the book is a friend gave me the book and she is not a close enough friend for me to honestly tell her I didn't want to read it. She was so convinced the book would inspire and help me - I read the rest of it.   It's been a while but from what I recall - I found the actual style of  writing rather uninspiring.  And for someone approaching the book as a...
  JMJ - your thoughts have helped me tremendously.  I have struggled very much with the patriarchal language (IMO) of both the Bible and Christian theology. I have been told and I have read that God has both masculine and feminine attributes which very much connects with my own feelings on this subject.  But, still I find the language of the Lord's Prayer and Trinity (just two examples) exclusive and I feel quite alienated by Christian practices and church in...
I'm so sorry.  A good friend of mine killed himself quite violently.  I had a visit .. don't want to explain on the forum ... it was definitely not a dream, though.  I thought about writing a letter to his family to give them comfort but then later thought they might just become angered or frightened.  I do hope, momtoS, your family finds some comfort after such a great loss as your brother's death.  
I've had two different experiences very similar to yours. In both cases, the person died young and unexpectedly and one death was a suicide. Each person came to me in different ways but the experiences were so profound, so unique - unforgettable.  I can't explain though why your child would sleep well that particular night.  Many reasons, I suppose.  It's a remarkable thing, when this happens (both the visit and the sleeping through the night! lol!)
faithsstuff, if I were you, I'd continue (or start) daily meditation sessions. Borrow some books from the library or browse through a good book store ... see what draws you. I had a pretty powerful experience during a Reiki session involving vision and sense of Jesus and Mary. You may surprise yourself in what you find and how you find it.