or Connect

Posts by takasmom

Any pox around the Boston area by chance??? We missed the spots down in Hull, but thought maybe there could still be some being passed around from that...
Not to be a scare monger, but put me in the stairs require adult supervision camp. On a lot of safety things I am somewhat lax and let ds (17 months) explore as he pleases unless I can think of a good safety reason NOT to. I actually used to be like that about stairs too. But having stood there and watched utterly powerlessly (I was out of reach) as he did a double somersault forward down our front porch stairs taught me my lesson. He's fine. Not even a single scratch....
DS is 17 months and has had the front four on top and bottom for awhile. I recently discovered he has two top molars as well and is, i think, working on two on the bottom. but those are harder to know bc whenever i check i usually get bitten. HARD. OUCH!
well we are just on the cusp of 18 months and am holding my breath bc everything i've heard/read is that it is a tough age. according to the ames/ilg book (which i LOVE) on "your one year old" 18 months is a period of "disequilibrium" in everything: sleep, attachment, etc...so i think what you are describing fits right in with that view.
Owachi, I'm curious how you know DS isn't wheezing. Our 15 mo ds struggled w/ viral induced asthma all winter and there were times when i couldn't hear the wheeze but the doctor could with stethoscope. do you use a stethoscope? also, i've learned from countless doctor trips this winter that "no wheeze" doesn't necessarily mean things are a-okay. sometimes his breathing was "too tight" (doctor's words) and you couldn't hear the wheeze until AFTER they gave a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thao I consider us ambassadors for the new wave of the future (did you know mixed-race kids are the fastest-growing ethnic group?) and deal with the questions I get with humor and straightforward information. I also think that the way you deal with questions will have a big impact on how your kids feel about the issue as well. Totally agree!! Where we live is diverse (and educated) enough that most adults would...
Our planned hb last year ended in a transfer to Brigham and though it wasn't what we were envisioning for the birth we were happy with our experience there and felt we were treated respectfully. I think whether your mw has any preferences/suggestions to where SHE has had good (or not good) transfer experiences should be a big part of your decision. Also although it sounds like you feel better having a single contingency plan in reality it may be more fluid depending on...
there is a very good breastfeeding support group run by the LC at cambridge hospital (just up the street from inman) every t/th mornings. initially i was deterred from attending by the "support group" type venue but turned out the LC is WONDERFUL and actually can handle quite complex consultations during that time if it turns out that is what you need. we are very happy with our pedi at the harvard vanguard practice in harvard square, also a short walk from inman. ...
it is hard to tell from the examples you give whether your bf's relatives are trying to be rude or not but to a great extent it doesn't actually matter. i think regardless of the intent the result of the current situation is you feel excluded. you asked how to handle it/what to do about it so here are some things i've done when i find myself in situations like this: (given that even if you start intensive lessons today you aren't going to be participating in native...
we've unfortunately been dealing with this here as ds has been anemic since 6mo. you've gotten good advice so far. just to reiterate: baby does not receive additional iron through breastmilk if you supplement. also important to up the vitamin c intake to help with absorption of the iron. i am guessing (to give your doc the benefit of the doubt) the reason that she recommended to stop bfing is bc there is a condition called milk induced anemia that can happen when...