or Connect

Posts by AndVeeGeeMakes3

Oh, I feel you. I do so very much. I have one of those little girls. I just signed her up for soccer (took a deep breath, hit send, cried a little), and I'm so worried that this is going to be her. Your writing is beautiful. This may seem strange, but may I suggest you send this in to Brain Child or Literary Mama?
I agree with Polliwog. If it's in your heart -- if there's something pressing on you as hard is it seems to me from your posts that it is --- then you need to call CPS. And call CPS. And call CPS. For every single time you see the child. And, IMO, you should make the effort to see the child as much as possible. I totally get that you do not want to endanger your immediate family. I really do. DD's b-grandfather, my DH's step-father, is an incredibly volatile...
I'm really sorry I can't stay to give a real reply. I'll be back tomorrow.
Nifty! I may be a little less Type A, but that schedule is definitely helpful! Thanks.
Put me in the FWIW camp because I don't have any experience except for a chronically FTT child. That said, I would agree that it's ridiculous for them to sort of "blame" any of this on breastfeeding. Have they done a swallow study? A few of the points you made sort of made me think there may be aspiration issues: the colds, the tiny bites, the reluctance to try different fluids besides water and breastmilk. My ped is constantly trying to reassure me that, with...
Hi ladies! I'm planning dd's fifth birthday party and am wondering how many and what kinds of activities you typically plan for such an event. We've got a dinosaur fiesta (so, dinos and Mexican stuff) theme, and I'm planning to make a pinata. Other than that, any ideas? The party's scheduled for two hours, though I do anticipate it going longer than that. Still, I'd like to keep all the planned activities in that time-frame. The age range will be from 3 to 6, with...
Really interesting discussion! Before DD came to us, I had decided that there would be no tv, or, at the most, very regulated tv-time. I was raised without it, and I did just fine, was my thinking. Well, that wasn't what was good for her. As an infant and toddler, and even now, she spent/spends a lot of time connected to tubes and wires and whatnot because of her health, and for me to say, nah, just sit there, ended up being kind of cruel. So, I started letting her...
I've started using a jogging stroller instead of the heavier baby strollers because she's growing, but not able, like your little, to sustain too much at times. I'm like y'all, I don't really want to pull something, and the control is just not there.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fairy4tmama Take my .02 for what it's worth as I am organizationally challenged. I have tried keeping toys by smaller subcategories and it has resulted in frustration for the kids and myself so here is the middle ground that I have come up with. For our legos, lincon logs and playmobile (think pollypocket for boys...thousands of tiny accessories) I use a medium rubermaid bin and every thing goes in it with a quilt folded on top...