or Connect

Posts by KnittingTigers

MRSANDMRS!!!! YAY! THIS IS SO FRICKEN AWESOME!!!! (sorry, on my phone, hence no veg parade.
CARMEN!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! And way to hold your cards close!
Fille- I'm thread crashing and jumping in late to say that when I started TTC my DD, I was a single grad student living on less than $20k per year, and people thought I was nuts. Sometimes I thought I was nuts, and I had a lot of anxiety about money, especially after I got pregnant but before she was born. I made it work. You'll make it work. Now, five years later, I still have debt, but I also have a well-paying job that I love, as well as a partner who contributes...
First, I just want to echo easttowest and say thanks to everyone for a respectful conversation on a heated issue. I appreciate it, and appreciate people not flaming my DP (or me, in his place) for not automatically being anti-circ. Wishin', this comment was really helpful to me in thinking about where DP is coming from on this, and the communities from which he is seeking acceptance. Though we are not Jewish, and thus, don't have a religious reason to circumcise, I think...
I just wanted to update this post in case anyone finds it while looking for info about the BubbleBum. Overall, I give it a mixed review. The price ($39) was certainly better than a travel vest ($150), and it was very convenient for traveling with. I was able to deflate it and put it in our carry on bag, so I didn't have to worry about dragging a carseat through the airport, or worrying about gate checks. My DP ended up not traveling with us at the last minute due to a...
Yeah, me too. I just need to find an effective way to get through to DP about it. This is clearly an emotional issue for him, and I'm not sure exactly why. Trying to figure it out.   On the restroom note, since DP transitioned, we obviously use separate bathrooms when they are sex segregated. It's funny, I actually miss our whole family going into the bathroom together! I wish that all bathrooms were gender-inclusive. It's such a stupid divide. DD and I were once waiting...
Sorry if this has been covered already- how many fitteds/prefolds and how many covers for newborn twins, and then how many one-size pockets/grovias for the twins once they're out of the nb stuff? I'm working on my stash now...
No advice, just chiming in to say that I'm another BFAR mom due with twins this spring. After the breastfeeding disasters I had with my first, I finally felt ready to try again. Honestly, the idea of trying to BF twins (even without my supply and BFAR issues) is daunting! With them, it feels terrible. Thanks to the previous posters for these resources.
Thanks, esenbee. I appreciate knowing that we're not the only ones having this conversation. I've seen posts elsewhere on MDC where people have advised women to leave their partners over the circumcision issue. While we strongly disagree on this, I'm certainly not going to get divorced over it. I'm trying to understand where DP is coming from, and I think that part of it for him is that our family is so different from the rest of his family in many ways (and they are...
  Good luck! It's crazymaking, for sure. There is no sperm in my life or relationship, and when I was TTC the first time, I didn't have coverage for any fertility stuff and was a poor grad student who couldn't afford IVF, so there wasn't really another good option. I wanted a baby, so I just kept going. This time around, we probably would have moved on to IVF at some point, since we make more money now and have good insurance. I'm also older (36, as opposed to 31 when I...