or Connect

Posts by Tizzy

My oldest is circumcised and my two younger boys are not. They're (almost)7, 5 and 1 - there have been zero comments or questions amongst them.
I've had 3 unassisted births, for now I think that's my biggest crunchy badge We homeschool, do not vax, use herbal and homeopathic remedies, grow most of our own meats, have our own dairy animals, make our own yogurt and cheese, I use a diva cup, we cloth diaper and line dry, re-purpose clothing by sewing rather than buying more. We use natural cleaners, enjoy thriftshopping and the kids and I rarely wear socks 3 seasons of the year! We heat our entire home...
I deleted my previous post for various reasons but thought an update could be helpful! My oldest who just turned 6 has had very few dry nights. It started to really bother him so I played around with some homeopathic and home remedies, took him for a couple chiropractic adjustments and tried the taking him to the bathroom a couple times overnight. None of these worked, waking him up was traumatic for everyone. Finally I found a 2nd hand Malem alarm and after a challenging...
I've never had leakage from a regular Bummies type swim diaper. I've also used the Alva type covers for swimming with success. Mine done tend to poop in water anyway, but my friends have lots of poop in the tub stories so I dont think mine are normal lol
We don't do flu shots for anyone, and it always seems like our friend/family who do end up getting the flu at some point over the winter anyway.
I'm disappointed, Gilbert really doesn't like the Ergo for front or back carry. He just can't seem to get comfortable! It's my favourite colour and I find it comfortable, even with my toddler in.   On the plus side I still love my pouch sling for out and about and he often falls asleep in it. The framed backpack works great for around the farm as it did with the previous 3, and DH uses the homemade mei tei around the house.   Very sad about the Ergo...I'll...
Our main tradition is to brave the crowds on boxing day to pick out a special ornament each. It's fun because it's so hectic, and the only ornaments left have "character". My favourite is a one-legged frog lol! I plan to give each child their ornaments when they are grown up. Every year my sister and I had our own box of ornaments, we'd carefully decorate the tree then put them away in our individual boxes, I still have the original cardboard box I had growing up...
I'm not decidedly for or against swaddling, but my babies have liked to be wrapped up to be put to sleep. Not tightly swaddled, but just their flying arms wrapped up and held close in the crook of my left arm. Yes, all 4 prefer that exact position. I agree that swaddling to quiet them isn't appropriate, but none of my kids would respond like that. If they're swaddled tight and that's not what they need, they'll continue to cry until they get what they actually...
Gil has been rolling both ways for awhile and now wiggles and shifts around in a circle on his tummy or pushes against things and gets his knees under himself to skootch forward. He's past the screeching phase and is back to gurgling and cooing and saying ba ba ba. He chews on his hands a LOT and is drooling a lot from time to time He can also sit independently, but I still need to keep pillows around him just in case :) Biggest thing is that when he's in the walker he...
I find that PUL needs to be run through the dryer every now and then to melt it back together, otherwise even my thick Bummis Super Whisper Wraps would get damp on the outside.   If a cover has cotton binding around the legs, it will wick onto clothing.