or Connect

Posts by Tizzy

Congratulations and welcome Armando! I'm thoroughly impressed with your birth story and how well you did! Back labour is something I would find very challenging to deal with and it sounds like you handled everything so strongly. Hope you get lots of time to rest up and enjoy your new little one :)
When I woke up on Sunday morning, I felt a twinge of a crampy contraction and the thought occurred to me that maybe baby WOULD come on the long weekend after all!   We had a very regular day around the house/farm, I did tell DH that I thought something might be happening and I went ahead and made the birthday cake around noon *just in case*. Between resting and working, ctx. were sporadic between 10-30min apart. The kids wanted to sleep in the tent that night so we got...
sally - I hope the acupuncture helped you out!  Not cool to feel all disjointed at your point in pregnancy!   VV - I hope your final days at work go smoothly and that you can really enjoy your sister's visit.  Do you have a jogging stroller so you can get back to running soon afterwards?   I've only heard really good things about encapsulating, if I did hemorrhage I would consider consuming a small amount of placenta....but it's not on my list of things to do...
I'm almost afraid to poke my nose in here since having baby a week early   I won't lecture you all about being patient, baby comes when it needs to blah blah blah if you all promise not to go all choppy on me  lol!   I'm just enjoying some down time, yesterday was a write-off for all of us since being up basically all night. Poor DH had no concept of time whatsoever, but somehow managed to make three meals, clean up the kitchen a bit, do barn chores, keep the kids...
Wow, theyre popping like popcorn now I had my baby early this morning, 2:08am after a 3hr, uneventful labour. It's a BOY with no name yet! We're tired, but doing very well. Afterpains are making me whine and complain lol
Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear your full story and see pics of the dude :)
YAY Boots!  I hope everything goes well for you :)
1sttimemama - Actually this isn't true for everyone.   I do not do GBS testing and take a wait and see approach. If I have specific risk factors during labour (extended PROM, fever) or if my baby shows any signs whatsoever, then we would take action immediately. I think by having a midwife who does home visits, that also gives me an advantage, even with a hospital birth.   My first was born in a hospital, I had an unknown GBS status and he was never poked or...
Sally - I'm sorry about the GBS thing, I know how stressful it can be. Also I wouldn't worry too much about which side baby is on, they do shift still even during labour.  I know mine rolls from left to right fairly frequently, and sometimes directly posterior which is super uncomfortable.     I've been doing a huge runaround because it turns out I was exposed to pertussis/whooping cough. Not cool at all. It took a bit to figure out the best course of action...
Congratulations Ninetails, he looks so adorable! I hope your recovery goes well :)