or Connect

Posts by Mccmama07

Quote: Originally Posted by bits and bobs It seems so hard, so fraught with the requisite 'psycho' ex wife they all seem to have, the custody and money disputes. I know everyone will say love conquers all, but if a guy has been divorced once then is that not a massive warning sign to you? Do you think you'll be the one to magically make it perfect and do/be what the former wife couldn't? That's pretty harsh-not all marriages fail because the...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I don't have a source I just have a lot of anecdotal stories. -Angela Within the anecdotal stories, did their membranes rupture immediately? My own anecdotal evidence (my own births...I've had three) show no link between membrane stripping and membrane rupture. 2x it did nothing-my membranes were broken during the second stage of labor, and with DD, my membranes ruptured a good 55 hours after a...
I recently delivered at Newton-Wellesley and they were fabulous. Very hands off and supportive of natural childbirth. I had an OB and things were still very low intervention. As a third time mom they gave me lots of space after the birth and didn't blink an eye when I wanted to go home less than 24 hours after delivery. No issues refusing Hep B or anything like that either. Based on friends that have delivered at Mt. Auburn and their experiences, I would choose NWH...
I travel quite a bit and with three kids, I've had my fair share of run ins with TSA. Just know their policies. Generally it's not a problem at all, I just pull the little black cooler bag out of the pump and say "this is a pump and here is the milk and gel freezer pack" and they say "ok" and that's it. Sometimes when I'm leaving on my trip and have no milk with me (having just left home), they will say something about the freezer pack, but I just say that I'm at the...
We dropped DS1's nap at 3 for this reason. Yes it sucked for the first week, but once he adjusted, life was WAY easier. He started sleeping 7pm-8:30am without a peep and no issues going to sleep at all. The time I alone I lost during his nap I regained at night. DS2 is 2 and still sleeps a good two hours from 1-3pm but goes to bed between 7:30-8am with no issue and sleeps through until about 7:30am. DD1 is 10 weeks and slept six hours last night in a row!! She's...
1. 39-6 2. 39-6 3. 38.6
I've had induced/pit/epi births and a homebirth and no problems nursing. My BFF had 3 c-sections and she successfully breastfed her kids.
I concur. They suck. I get them when I stretch and forget to keep my foot flexed-pushing your heel down helps them go away fast but they are horrible. Especially after when your leg just hurts for a few days
I was 5 feet 7 inches at 11 and weighed 115lbs at 11 years of age. If my mother had said "harnessed car seat" I would have refused to get in the car period. I was bigger than most adults at that age! I'm now 5 feet 10 inches.. DS1 is 5 and in Marathon in one car, and the SafeGuard Hybrid Booster (with the 5 point harness) in the other car. He likes it-no plans to go to a regular booster until he protests. He's 42 inches and 44lbs. DS2 is 2 and is a Marathon...
I fly all the time and have never had a problem with the blue ice packs. I just pull them out and stick them through the scanner separately. Once I had one in my suitcase and another in the pump bag and they said *technically* only one should go through but they let it go. I've found them to be surprisingly ok with it the vast majority of the time. I've found with TSA in general if you walk up, look confident, show you know the stupid rules by having things out ahead...